PR Account Managers take on responsibility for the day-to-day management of their accounts. The role requires regular client contact and support on the implementation of PR campaigns with media outlets and influencer activations.
The PR Account Manager takes ownership for an agreed element of client strategy and contributes towards the wider overall plan demonstrating industry knowledge and creative thinking.
Line management responsibilities, mentoring and acting as a role model to the team also form an integral part of the Account Manager role.
- Day to day client management including direct client contact, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the client's business and actively seek opportunities for further account development
- Work with Directors to monitor brand and media partners and identify where brand targets are not being achieved, identify solutions, and deliver results
- Identify opportunities to integrate other Karla Otto services into existing client scope of work and coordinate with the senior team to pitch add-ons appropriately
- Support in planning, organizing, and executing client events and press trips
- Forge links with global offices and other divisions that support client uptake of other services and the use of other Karla Otto offices – think globally and horizontally to improve results for the brand and clients
- Build relationships with counterparts at relevant media outlets to gain coverage and utilise relationships to effectively secure results
- Drive proactive B2B and B2C communications for represented clients to increase brand building and awareness
- Identify third-party commentary topics, trends and news agenda items in order to pro-actively pitch and secure on-going media coverage
- Leveraging existing and building both media and influencer relationships and cultivating a strong network with local media and KOLs across media/beauty/lifestyle
- Providing reporting and overseeing the monitoring and sharing of coverage across print, online and social media for all communication activities
Internal Relations and Administration
- Support with client pitches demonstrating confidence, market insight and a strong representation of the Karla Otto brand
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence both internally and externally to ensure that sensible decision making takes place when faced with challenging situations, and reasons for the decision are articulated with clear rationale
- Foster positive working relationships with other teams: events, digital and logistics, contributing to improving efficiencies and creating collaborative working relationships
- Provide direct line-management, mentoring and sign off for work generated by Account Assistants and Account Coordinators
- Responsible for supporting Account Assistants and Account Coordinators in running an efficient sample trafficking process, as well as preparing reports and analysis
- A degree in marketing or communications/media
- Previous work experience as PR Account Coordinator/Junior PR Manager (min. 2-3 years) preferable in the fashion / beauty / lifestyle industry
- Experienced working in the fields fashion, beauty, lifestyle incl. project management for PR campaigns and events
- Established network with press and influencers
- High media affinity: Market relevant knowledge of print media and social media/influencer landscape, in particular for DACH
- Full proficiency in both German and English. Additional language is a plus.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- research, and organisation skills
- Pro-active: Confidence to make suggestions, bring ideas to the wider team and make things happen
- Creative, self-organized and adaptable way of working
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues at once with a positive attitude
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to present and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Must be efficient in MS Office, additional tools (i.e. Fashion GPS, Influencer Marketing Tools) are a plus
Do you have the right to work in Germany (must have)
Do you have experience in luxury fashion?