Senior Account Director
At Karla Otto we are always looking for personalities with positive charisma who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a keen sense of aesthetics and take on responsibility.
Karla Otto Munich is looking for a highly motivated Senior Account Director who is a team player with ability to lead and inspire others. The Senior Account Director must have a genuine passion for developing brands in their assigned market, using true initiative to achieve exceptional results. Impeccable client liaison skills and an established network of key contacts (brands, editorial, KOL and influencers) are essential.
The Senior Account Director will play an essential role in supporting the Management Team on the development and execution of strategic & creative communication activities that generate maximum brand exposure through product placement, profile features and launches in all media channels; print, digital, social, reaching B2B, B2C and D2C audiences. In this role the Senior Account Director will promote clients in all activities, including campaigns, special projects, shows, and events, to the media, general public, and external audiences. The Senior Account Director’s responsibilities include creating and delivering seasonal strategy plans to increase awareness and achieve KPIs for all brands they represent. It is also important to develop and maintain relationships with senior editors and key influencers within the designated markets, acting as an ambassador for Karla Otto.
The candidate will have at least nine years of experience either in-house at a luxury brand or within an agency and has established a very good network of journalist for print and online lifestyle, fashion,art&design and economical media as well as social influencers, KOL’s and VIPs. The Senior Account Director will have strong writing skills, in-depth knowledge of lifestyle/ art&design as well as fashion trends and the industry, adept at managing multiple clients and possess excellent editorial contacts.
The role of an Senior Account Director is key to the success of client outcomes but also within the agency operation. Through experience at all levels this role allows to identify and suggest improvements utilising a wider business point of view.
RESPONSIBILITES, KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Alongside the Director of Strategy and Business Development, create and implement strategies that support clients’ commercial ambitions through creative and innovative collection and product launches, product focuses and events
- Take lead in ensuring all external communications produced are of the highest quality, deliver the right message and meet the original brief
- Nurture and enhance industry relationships that allow for connections to be built with print, online and social media peers and influencers.
- Act as a brand ambassador amongst all key target media stakeholders at appropriate levels
- Successfully utilise key relationships to secure brand features in target media
- Strive to maintain positive working relationships with clients, that engender trust and honesty, and create consultative interactions between Karla Otto and clients
- Confidently take the lead in delivering difficult or challenging messages to clients
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and any challenges to the commercial ambitions of clients. Keep abreast of wider cultural trends, encourage team to think more broadly about the cultural environment and create symbiotic relationships between clients and cultural opportunities
- Able to identify and utilize trends on social media, and emerging media to educate the team and consult the clients confidently
- Create relevant competitor analysis that can be used in commercial decision making by the wider team and clients
- Empower Managers to take the lead on transactional people management; managing and developing the team and ensuring that commercial decision-making is also utilised internally through recruitment, succession planning and other people related decisions
- Manage third party supplier relationships to support the successful outcome of events Utilise quantitative and qualitative data to understand the ROI of client activity
- Together with the line manager, oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities of Account Manager, Coordinator, and Assistant
- Creation of strategic presentations, concepts, reporting’s as well as press releases and mailings
- Lead the implementation of brand seedings & giftings
- Listens to clients’ needs and identifies how each specialist at Karla Otto can combine their expertise to offer the client a 360 solution that is omni-channel
- Lead and project manages specialists from different streams in pitches and on client projects to offer the client visionary, creative and feasible solutions
- Responsibility for show management, including seating and all logistics around the shows during fashion week Lead and empower members of the team in client meetings and calls
- Engage in department and agency initiatives as needed Possess good understanding of all internal communications strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging. Able to drive both internal and external communications when needed
- Acquire knowledge and skills to work with Fashion GPS within all relevant areas (sample trafficking, events, shows, database)
- Identify opportunities to elevate emerging brands and change brand perceptions via partnerships with top- tier titles and industry connections
- Adhere to company policy relating to the use of all company systems (timesheets, expenses, FGPS) and lead by example to ensure that team utilise these tools correctly
- Encourage an open and transparent way of working, ensuring that feedback is provided and support and development is provided where appropriate
- Builds relationships with support functions to drive collaborative working and efficiencies
- Complying with internal, client and GDPR guidelines on data management
- 9+ years´ experience either in-house at a luxury brand or within an agency with a very good network of journalist for print and online lifestyle, art&design, fashion and economical media as well as social influencers, KOL’s and VIPs.
- Extensive and proven experience in a Senior PR role within a luxury lifestyle environment with a focus on art&design/fashion/culture Solid understanding of and ongoing interest in the (luxury) art&design,fashion&lifestyle industry as well as other cultural events
- High integrity and openness, leadership skills combined with commitment to good governance
- Proactive, problem-solving approach
- Creative, strategic and holistic thinker with an investigative nature
- Strong attention to detail Discreet, professional and articulate, with excellent communication skills Leads by example on all business practices i.e. expenses and timesheets
- A responsive, service oriented and understanding approach to client management Able to identify communication opportunities through a pro-active approach
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment Excellent prioritising and time management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Strong presentation and superb writing skills A visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, Fashion GPS Full professional proficiency in German and English (both written and verbal)
Do you have the right to work in Germany (must have)
Do you have experience in luxury fashion?