Assistant Department Manager
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
- Entry Level / Assistant
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
To ensure a consistently memorable customer shopping experience while generating revenue and positive operating profit for the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Directly responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned department. Responsible for achieving shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
* Work with Senior Management to develop and implement operating budgets and monitor performance.
* Work with Buyers and Planners to identify items and merchandise classifications of high sales and profit potential. Partner with the Visual Presentation team in regard to merchandise presentation.
* Identify potential improvements in store operations and merchandise flow to maximize the department's performance.
* Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of staff to maximize sales and profit performance. Coach and mentor staff to implement initiatives that support exceptional customer service standards. Includes succession planning for current and future positions.
* Directs the execution of Polo's promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support Polo Ralph Lauren's sales and profit objectives. Regularly visits relevant competition to maintain awareness of store performance and market trends.
* Maintains a welcoming environment that generates customer traffic and builds loyalty by exceeding customer's expectations.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* College Degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum 2 years of relevant retail management experience, preferably within the luxury retail market.
* Strong business acumen.
* Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment which projects a high level of taste and sophistication consistent with Polo's lifestyle philosophy.
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to coach and develop staff.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert