THE ROLE & THE TEAM
As a Principal Applied Scientist working on Computer Vision and Deep Learning in the Size and Fit organization you will execute on bold research experiments, help to drive our scientific roadmap, and work with exceptional scientists and science leaders to create AI driven solutions with today's most exciting approaches for the good of customers.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner and a thought leader with excellent scientific and technical expertise, solid track record of publications, excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated passion for fast-paced research and production environments, solving hard problems and advancing the state-of-the-art. INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be inclusive by design. And this vision starts with our hiring - we do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, personal expression, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability status. You are welcome to leave out your picture, age, or marital status from your application. We only assess candidates on their qualifications and merit.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/dobetter-our-diversity-and-inclusion-strategy
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/our-employee-resource-groupsWHAT WE'D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF
- You will act as a thought leader in Applied Science and AI research raising the scientific bar across your team and Zalando through engaging in rigorous peer reviews, and internal and external publications in top-tier international conferences.
- You will work closely with science leaders, engineering, product & business experts to incorporate their expertise into your data science experimentations and bring our state-of-the-art solutions to customers.
- You will drive acquisition and experimentations with new data sources with high potential for impact
- You will empower the team to stay up-to-date with the latest research in computer vision, machine learning, deep learning and AI. Provide egoless and constructive scientific feedback to peers. Coach senior and junior colleagues to excel at their work.
- You have a Ph.D in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Machine Learning.
- You bring 4 + years of experience leveraging best practices in advancing research and computer vision in academia or industry
- You are proficient in one or multiple branches of AI and deep learning with high focus on leveraging images including Generative Adversarial Models, Diffusion Models, etc.
- You have a solid publication track record in top-tier top tier conferences and journals such as CVPR, NeurIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ICML, etc.
- You demonstrated ability to coach and mentor scientists. Excellent oral and writing communication skills.
- You are an expert in Python, TensorFlow, Pytorch. Hands-on experience with Docker, Git, AWS EC2, S3, DataBricks, Postgresql, or other RDBMS.
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here's an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model, with flexible hours and up to 60% remote
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
- Drive your development through our training platform and biannual peer-to-peer review
It's the perfect time to join Zalando's journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to becoming the Starting Point for Fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 25 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 49 million active customers.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/our-impact/domore-our-sustainability-strategy
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.ABOUT SIZE & FIT
At Zalando we deeply understand that Size and Fit Matters
, and are excited to use our unique and huge article and customer datasets to tackle this challenge using novel ML techniques. How about you; would you like to bring in your skills to shape a great experience for your family and friends when buying clothes and shoes online?
You will join our multi-disciplinary Berlin based Size and Fit Org., composed of Machine Learning / Deep Learning researchers, engineers, and full stack developers from 20 different nationalities. We provide recommendations and predictions on customer size and fit choices, and conduct focused experiments using emerging technologies to solve the challenges.
Working side by side with other Product Specialists and Fitting Experts you will take on this complex and important topic. Your mission is to assist customers as they navigate the vast Zalando fashion catalog using fit characteristics that make sense to them.
We have great problems to solve, a huge customer base to impact and are a team that loves to have fun. Size and Fit is a human topic. We use machines to help solve our customers' challenges. But we never forget - size and fit success is defined by how customers feel when they wear fashion.