Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren is embarking on a Digital Transformational journey to upgrade our Global Customer Data Platform. The desired outcome will improve our understanding and communication strategy regarding the Ralph Lauren customer. This role will support the implementation and strategy for the Customer Data Platform and architecture. The selected candidate will possess advanced expertise in the subject of Information Architecture Technology & Customer Data Management. The primary focus of this role is centered on understanding the data needs from stakeholders and implementing a data strategy, prioritizing development tasks, and implementing across the eco-system. The teams will leverage key existing mar-tech technologies at RL and our Data Lake while implementing our new Customer Data Platform on Redpoint Global. The CDP Solution Developer sits in the Customer Data Team reporting into the Global Customer Data Leader
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Information Technology teams to setup and support data ingestion and development for data profiling, de-duplication, recognition processing and normalization of data sets throughout the end-to-end process.
* Design and build reliable data pipelines to move, extract, transform and load data.
* Responsible for technical planning & requirements gathering including design, development, testing, troubleshooting, support, and documentation.
* Responsible for testing and quality assurance, prepares test scripts for required features in solutions, supports system integration (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) and work with Technical teams (internal teams and external vendors) to resolves testing issues.
* Propose key architecture, functional and technical design, aligned with the CDP Solution Architect and adapted to the interconnected retail / marketing / consumer systems context.
* Process Orientation: Identifies problems and initiates necessary changes; designs practices, procedures, and systems to manage work simply.
* Decision-Making: Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly.
* Define and manage standards, guidelines, and processes to ensure data quality.
* Work with IT teams, business analysts, and data analytics teams to understand data consumers' needs and develop solutions.
* Coordinate with technical team on the application deployment and data conversion exercise.
* Be responsible for planning, estimating, tracking under agile application development methodology.
* Designs, develops, and distributes reusable technical components.
* Assists in developing technical documentation; participates in test-plan development, integration and deployment.
* Identify areas of improvement and propose solution to make the system robust and scalable.
• Work closely with IT technical and support teams to manage overall operational stability of the retail applications and drive operational excellence as well as cost optimization.
• Stay abreast of current trends/technologies in retail/consumer space and be aware of consumer engagement and marketing related technologies from other best in class retailers and technology companies globally.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 3+ years of experience with any Database Technology/Tools - a market leading DB platform such as MS SQL Server, MySQL, Cosmos DB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB with strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL and Java.
* Hands-on experience with implementing data management programs.
* Must have experience with ETL and experience with 3rd Party ETL Technologies (MS SSIS, Alteryx, Informatica, etc.).
* Technical system design experience with demonstrated strength in requirement gathering, functional design, and testing of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and digital consumer engagement systems.
* Demonstrate understanding on capabilities and functionality provided by major consumer facing systems such as point-of-sale (POS), mobile, CRM, Campaign Management and/or Omni-Channel.
* Experience with Redpoint Data Management a plus
* . Ability to effectively manage and communicate with a team, both written and verbal.
* Must be self-motivated/self-starter in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work independently and within a team to resolve problems with limited information.
* Must have excellent business and process management skills, with an analytical mind to identify improvement opportunities and be able to work with the business on executing and managing projects.
* Experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards.
* Excellent knowledge of data management, data integration, and database development techniques.
* Prior experience with Customer MDM implementations, preferably in Retail.
* Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred
* Solid experience in database configuration, testing and performance tuning.
* Proven extensive hands-on experience with SQL code review and query optimization.
* Experience with GitHub, Nexus, SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, CI/CD.