Assistant Manager, Harrods Kids Concession
Overview and purpose of role:
As part of the management team, as Assistant Manager you will be instrumental in driving the business performance and leading and coaching the Sales team. You will be responsible for driving all categories within the boutique, in terms of service and results. Supporting the Boutique Manager with the Buy process, in order to ensure an effective selection for the market and to ensure the needs of the client are met. You will be a commercial and business minded professional.
You will ensure excellent standards are delivered across the board within the boutique.
You will be accountable for developing the team, ensuring an outstanding Flagship customer service experience is delivered – highly personalised, efficient and discrete. You will be an excellent brand ambassador for the Christian Louboutin brand as an integral part of the management team.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
(This is not an exhaustive list)
- Training and coaching – work with the Concessions Manager to suggest and organise required training; ensure all new starters are inducted well and in line with Company expectations.
- Involve team in tasks and mentor them effectively.
- Effectively manage your client network and encourage and drive CRM within the boutique.
- Provide quality detailed feedback and input to the Concessions Manager to inform of product selection in order to maximise sales.
- Stock management and control – monitor and manage deliveries appropriately and in line with the needs of the business; proactively plan and execute stock takes and inventories; use the concession calendar effectively to ensure customer demand is met throughout the season.
- Reporting and administration – report incidents in a timely manner; complete weekly trade report accurately and to the deadline set; comply with all HR procedures and reporting.
- Deal confidently and effectively with complaints, special requests and orders; use initiative in the absence of the Concessions Manager and be a firm decision maker.
- Ensure boutique is correctly merchandised and maintained to company standards.
- Work with the VM team and Manager to suggest and present new ideas.
- Routinely train members of staff on internal systems.
- Ensure boutique and staff are in line with the company and store procedures at all time.
- Assist in planning rotas to ensure appropriate cover, management of planned and unplanned absences.
- Work with the Concessions Manager on forward planning and anticipating future requirements of the business.
- Manage, motivate and develop a high performing team.
Please note: Colleagues must be comfortable with the physical element of the role, including but not limited to, manual handling, standing for long periods of time and use of ladders as required or any other Health and Safety requirement as covered within the training.
Skills and Requirements: In order to deliver the main responsibilities of the role, you will need the following skills:
- Substantial, proven experience in a luxury retail or service environment, preferably in Childrenswear
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel and adaptable to other IT systems.
- Ability to maintain an accurate and analytical approach to your business, in order to present proposals and strategies to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Effective and adaptable approach to the management of people.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Competent knowledge of local market legal requirements and policy and procedures.
- Commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – high quality relationships with both customers and team members resulting in strong sales results.
- Confident management style with the ability to communicate effectively in all forms and deliver challenging messages positively.
- Highly motivated and committed with a can-do attitude – confidently able to meet the demands of a busy concession with enthusiasm, high energy levels and a determination to achieve sales targets.
- Team work and management – able to work effectively and readily preform a wide range of tasks throughout the concession to a high standard.
- Excellent and consistent personal appearance – smart with a sense of individual style.
- Adaptability and flexibility – embracing change and willing to adapt to the needs of the business in order to progress.
- Time management – punctual and reliable, able to confidently multi-task and mange others to complete all duties to the required deadlines.
- Adherence to company policies – strong sense of corporate responsibility; ability to set standards.
- Brand awareness – committed to the Christian Louboutin brand and have extensive product and technical knowledge utilised for the benefit of the customer and the concession.
- Creativity – flair for visual merchandising.
- Problem-solving and decision-making – able to make good decisions.
- Reporting and administration – strong administrative skills.
- Leadership and integrity – able to delegate and manage effectively.
Our Business and our Values:
Christian Louboutin, created in 1991 in Paris, is a global luxury brand leader when it comes to shoes for women and men and leather goods. Christian Louboutin is also renowned for its iconic red sole, imagined by Mr. Christian Louboutin himself, a year after the creation of the brand. The brand has more than 160 Boutiques in 38 countries featuring the signature shoes such as the iconic pumps, sneakers and loafers alongside the seasonal collections for women, men and accessories. Christian Louboutin imagines collections through a large spectrum of inspirations emanating from his love of Paris, his travels, and his passion for art and craftmanship. 2014 welcomed the launch of Christian Louboutin Beauté with the iconic Rouge Louboutin nail and lip colour.
Our people are at the heart of our brand.
We celebrate individuality and allow the freedom to have responsibility, autonomy and creativity within your role. Our colleagues have in common the passion and dedication to our Brand, and its continued success.
We live by our values:
We are down to earth – we stand with authenticity, integrity and respect. We have passion – we drive our business with agility, commitment and care. We have happiness in all that we do – we collaborate with positivity, open-mindedness and fun. We work with inspiration – we envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom.”
The Maison Christian Louboutin is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruitment practices that do not discriminate against any job applicant because of their race, color, gender, age, nationality, culture(s), religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that a culture of diversity and individuality fosters our core values we listed above.