Senior Analyst, FP&A
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 1 Nov 2022
- Senior Manager
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
Job Title: Sr. Analyst, FP&A
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for evaluating current business trends and developing and maintaining a rolling 12 month sales forecast for the Coach North America Outlet eCommerce business that incorporates current thinking around topline channel strategies. The forecasts will support the monthly and annual planning process as well as digital Marketing performance targets. The position is also responsible for evaluating gross margin trends and impact of promotional strategies on sales and gross margin. The position will also support Coach North America Outlet fleet by planning Labor budget - both hours and dollars - for both Operating and Non-Operating payroll
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in FP&A to...
- Sales Analysis & Forecasting
- Analyze historical Outlet eComm channel sales performance and identify drivers of sales trends that diverge from expectation
- Develop and maintain a sales forecasting model and productivity plans which support top line sales forecast
- Prepare daily & weekly sales reports, analyzing performance at marketing channel, and sales bucket
- Store Labor Planning
- Plan labor model by store, forecasting budget for the fiscal year
- Analyze results on a weekly basis to determine adherence to budget, working with District and Regional managers on reporting
- Analyze store productivity performance to lead discussion on evolution of Labor budget by store and region
- Analyze sales seasonality trends for total company and by market
- Promotions and Program Analysis
- Partner with Site Strategy and Merchandising teams in understanding the impact of promotional strategies, pricing, & gross margin on Sales forecast
- Partner with Marketing teams in understanding the impact of marketing programs on Sales forecast
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Strong skills in data manipulation, development of forecasting models, financial analysis, communication (both written and oral), and time management
- Effective communicator (written and oral) who is comfortable presenting to multiple layers of management
- Intellectual curiosity
An outstanding professional will have...
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Working knowledge of Microstrategy, Tableau or other BI and Data Visualization tool a plus
- 2-4 years experience in retail or related field preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
BASE PAY RANGE $60,000.00 TO $90,000.00 Annually
A RICH HERITAGE
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop. In a Manhattan loft, six artisans handcrafted a collection of leather goods using skills handed down from generation to generation. Discerning consumers soon began to seek out the quality and unique nature of Coach craftsmanship.
Now greatly expanded, Coach continues to maintain the highest standards for materials and workmanship. Coach’s exceptional workforce remains committed to carefully upholding the principles of quality and integrity that define the company. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality and durability, and our commitment to customer service.
CRAFTING THE FUTURE
Coach is a global leader in premium handbags and accessories. Building upon our strong brand and business equities, we are in the process of transforming from an international accessories business to a global lifestyle brand, anchored in accessories, presenting a clear and compelling expression of the Coach woman and man across all product categories, store environments and brand imagery. In addition, we are leveraging the global opportunity for Coach by raising brand awareness and building market share in markets where Coach is under-penetrated, through our directly operated businesses most notably in Asia and Europe.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert