About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.About the Role
In this role, you will support the Field Finance function for Old Navy's stores. The ON Field Finance team provides financial support to the Head of Stores and his leadership team, as well as the Old Navy CFO, and reports to the VP, FP&A and Field Finance for Old Navy. The team is responsible for leading several key financial performance management activities Old Navy Stores including Performance Management of the business across geographies, financial decision support of investments to drive sales and profit, and P&L forecasting and budgeting to maintain financial discipline across the operations.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office. Currently, job duties are
being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require
you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap
Inc.'s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.'s San Francisco Bay
Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated,
unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an
accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Demonstrated ability to lead a breadth of financial capabilities in a complex, highly matrixed organization
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes
- Provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Audit
- Lead and manage change initiatives for the Finance function
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Regularly influence broader company decisions and initiatives
- Responsible for planning, budget and end results; sets policies for subfunction/function
Benefits at Old Navy
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the entire financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and executive presence; exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to develop high performing teams
- Experience leading through significant change and transformation to move an organization forward in a financially responsible way
- Strong technical skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).