About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand built on iconic essentials and powered by bold, progressive ideals. The Calvin Klein brands — CK Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans, Calvin Klein Underwear and Calvin Klein Performance — provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, through multiple distribution channels and to different consumer groups. The Calvin Klein brands are also licensed for a range of products, including fragrance, women's apparel, footwear, eyewear, watches and jewelry in various regions. Global retail sales of products sold under the Calvin Klein brands were approximately $9.4 billion in Full Price Retail CK Merchandising Manager 2019.
The tiered-brand strategy was established for Calvin Klein to provide a focused, consistent approach to global brand growth and development that preserves the brand's prestige and image. Each of the Calvin Klein brands occupies a distinct marketing identity and position. We believe that Calvin Klein is well positioned over the next few years to establish itself as the world’s favorite brand. With the North Star of "Defying the boundaries of self-expression" guiding its design, marketing and consumer engagement initiatives, we believe that Calvin Klein will convert its investments into ongoing commercial success
Calvin Klein Womenswear Europe - Merchandising
The Merchandising team is responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product GTM (Go to Market) strategy that meets the region specific consumer requirements, delivers on the KPI targets, upholds the CK iconic brand image and realizes the global brand direction.
The team is the key contact between Design and Sales, presenting the collection and ensuring effective and consistent communication between the division, regional sales and retail channels.
The Merchandising Manager will support all aspects of the Calvin Klein Womenswear GTM process, with an oversight of the full European lifestyle collection and will report into the Merchandise Director. The Merchandising Manager will manage a team of Merchandisers, ensuring that all GTM milestones are completed on time and in-line with predefined KPIs, collaborating closely with the Design, Product Development and Technical Development teams, to deliver a collection four times per year.
- Go To Market Process: drive the GTM process, ensuring all merchandising milestones (Range Plan, Sketch Review, Proto Review, Market Launch Preparations and Collection Presentations) are completed on time and in support of pre-defined KPIs
- Team Management: manage a team of 3, two merchandisers and one coordinator, ensuring workload is well distributed and that each team member has a clear development framework in order to achieve and deliver success; for the company but also for the individual
- Range Planning: drive the creation of seasonal & non-seasonal range plans aligned with the KPI targets that offer segmented assortments at the right price positioning for the European market, in line with the brand direction and target consumer, supported by the Merchandisers. Communicate product group strategy and range plan to Design and Product Development in an effective, clear way that will lead to the best quality, consumer-centric product
- Collection Data: oversee the collection administration within the PLM system (collection build up, maintaining RRPs, Target Margins etc), supported by the Merchandise Coordinator
- Product Strategy: own, create and execute, in close partnership with the Merchandise Director, seasonal product group strategies to drive product group growth whilst enhancing the overall brand message and maintaining a full lifestyle collection
- Milestone Meetings: support the Merchandise Director in the preparation of, and present during, key milestone meetings for product reviews, seasonal strategy and seasonal line launches, ensuring alignment on the product strategies per region
- Translate market demand and trend information into commercially viable product strategies based upon numerical analysis (sell in and sell through numbers, pricing parameters, quantities, competitor analysis etc.)
- Merchandising Operations: ensure all day-to-day tasks are completed by the merchandising team in alignment with the seasonal calendar priorities. Including but not limited to: Sample Planning, SMS Coordination, Collection Photoshoots etc
The Ideal Candidate
- Education: graduate at degree level or equivalent
- Credible experience in a merchandising team within a premium brand womenswear environment
- Experience of managing and developing a team of direct reports
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Additional languages are a plus, but not necessary
- Excellent analytic and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, sales, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to drive conversations with stakeholders and influence the preferred outcome
- Awareness of market trends as well as a strong commercial understanding
- Able to frequently travel, if required
- Team player
- Able to work in a face-paced environment with deadlines
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 and Working at PVH
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19, the health, safety and well-being of our associates remains our #1 priority. As a result, your recruiting process may be conducted remotely, primarily via phone and video calls. Once you’re onboard, you’ll join in our Work Smart hybrid way of working, which is focused on connection, collaboration and community, with our dynamic offices and workspaces there to facilitate teamwork and innovation.
In your initial call, our Talent Acquisition Team will outline the full details of our Work Smart hybrid working policy, as well as any adapted measures that may be in place based on current government guidelines.