About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials. This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions.
Our Customer, Digital, and Technology team pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who try fast, learn fast, and think big for our customers, communities, and the planet. On our team, you will be part of the technology engine that is driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc. and our brands. Our engineers and developers work together to create a seamless omni-channel experience powered through cloud-based platforms, services architecture, and open-source technologies. We help the company grow - whether it's increasing our global footprint, operating a flawless holiday shopping season, or helping a customer get the product they need, when they need it. Our passion is what sets us apart - we're not just here to execute, but also learn and grow and innovate on what's next.
Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team. What You'll DoPlease note that this role will be full time 40 hours a week from mid-June through mid-August
The GapTech Engineering Intern Program (SWE) is looking for curious and innovative Entry Level Software Engineers to help code and develop best-in-class retail technology for our brands, employees, and customers around the globe. It is our mission to develop participants to grow into high-performing full-stack engineering leaders, who can fully embrace our DevSecOps model to drive engineering process, value and speed.
During the program, you will be assigned to meaningful projects that influence how Gap Inc. continues to impact the future of the retail industry. At Gap Inc., we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world's #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of GapTech, you will deliver globally scalable, cloud-based solutions, using agile software development, DevOps practices, and advanced technologies. Gap Inc. Technologists use a modern tech stack with a diverse set of software that is evolving with current trends. The program is designed to give you exposure to key facets of our business & growth strategies.
This program is a full-time, paid 10-week commitment and consists of meaningful projects on one of our teams supporting things such as mobile application development, store technology, cloud engineering, database engineering, supply chain logistics and more. Your summer experience will consist of real-life projects & code development working with industry leaders, SCRUM teams, and your peers. In addition to the exciting projects, you will gain one-on-one mentoring from our top engineers, exposure to inspiring executive leaders, and experience with our systems, diverse tech stack, and methods.
At the end of your program, you will have the opportunity to convert into the Full-time GapTech Rotational Program upon completion of your degree.Note:
This internship program has a remote work model, however our Full-time Rotational Program conversion opportunity will allow you the opportunity of a hybrid in-office working model for your permanent position.Who You Are
Candidates selected for this internship program will be placed in one of three main areas below, which will include the following responsibilities: Digital, Customer Experience, & Stores Engineering
Supply Chain & Product to Market Engineering
- Primary end user of your software development will be one of our customers (B2C)
- Develop and maintain quality code focusing on the visual elements of a website, system, tool, or app that end-users will interact with.
TechOps Architecture, Security, and Cloud Engineering
- Primary end user of your software development will be a Gap Inc. Business partner, vendor, or 3rd party business. (B2B)
- Develop and maintain quality code and APIs that ensures simplicity, reliability, scalability, and performance of our integrated systems and applications to deliver product to market.
- Support the engine behind the health and operations of Gap Inc technology and help drive the transformation and innovation of cloud, e-commerce, and stores platform technologies.
- Undergrad Juniors with bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems Engineering graduating in Winter 2023 or Summer 2024.
Please note the following:
- Working knowledge of Data Structures
- Passion and interest in developing full-stack engineering skillset
- Demonstrated analytical skills, and knowledge + application of Engineering Principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners of varying degrees of leadership
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to approach problems with curiosity & creative thinking
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- In order to be considered for this position, you will need to upload your resume in PDF format when applying to this role. (Eg: LastName_FirstName Resume)
- Use the same email address throughout our process - from applying to the role to taking the online assessment.
- We are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.