Honeylove is a venture-backed DTC startup founded by EDM artist Betsie Larkin. After searching high and low for quality shapewear that made her feel confident on stage, Betsie decided to create her own line of stage-worthy shapewear and launched it in 2018. Honeylove grew quickly over the past couple of years and has sold over 2 million garments, as well as earned praise from countless publishers (eg: New York Times, Good Morning America, etc). SimilarWeb data show that we were the 2nd fastest-growing fashion brand in Q2 2021.
Since our launch in 2018, Honeylove has expanded to tops, bras, and many other garments that have set new standards in their segments. We apply a technical and artistic approach to problems we see in the fashion industry, creating products that serve our customers of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds.
About this Role
We are looking for a passionate and data-driven financial leader to oversee all aspects of our financial planning and analysis. The Director of FP&A reports to our Co-CEO and will be responsible for financial forecasts, internal controls, financial reporting, and analytics to support business decisions. This position works closely with all departments in the company, providing financial and operational support for strategic business decisions.
This person will be integral in supporting our fast-growing business and building a best-in-class finance function. We are a small but growing team, and are looking for a go-getter who’s excited to apply a growth mindset to this key function as our company grows.
We have offices in Los Angeles, NYC, and Atlanta, but we have always been remote-friendly, and the majority of our team has been remote even before Covid-19. You can work from anywhere as long as you can be online during our regular office hours.
- Lead day to day finance operations of the organization.
- Oversee financial models, systems and processes to position the organization for scalable growth.
- Evaluate the processes, systems, capabilities, and structure of the finance organization and make appropriate recommendations to optimize.
- Lead the budgeting and reforecasting process; work closely with cross functional leaders to develop and refine revenue and expense forecasts
- Oversee models (monthly cash flow, P&L, balance sheet), including spearheading any major changes/updates.
- Assess and improve accuracy and predictability of existing financial models.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Provide analysis & insights on business results, explaining drivers of variances to forecast
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for company’s internal and external stakeholders, including the leadership team, board of directors, investors, and lenders.
- Identify, assess, and present risks & opportunities to the financial forecast as part of monthly financial reviews
- Identify & recommend potential cost-saving opportunities across the business.
- Implement departmental and cost center budgets. Lead monthly reviews of expenses with departmental leaders across the business.
- Provide support on special requests, projects, and ad-hoc analysis as necessary
- Analyze results and assess financial/strategic impacts of business decisions
- Assist with creation of board/investor/lender presentations
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years progressive budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling experience
- Experience in a fast-growing e-commerce business with direct-to-consumer brand knowledge strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a business-related field (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Focus on process improvement/automation
- Results orientation
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence effectively
- MBA and/or CPA certification a plus
- Prior experience in investment banking or private equity a plus
What You'll Love About Honeylove
- We're a kind and inclusive bunch, who will encourage you to be you.
- We have high integrity and value every individual on our team - from the sewer on the manufacturing lines to our designers and senior leadership.
- We value sustainability and work to reduce waste caused by the fashion industry by using recycled and recyclable materials in our packaging.
- We are analytical, curious and data-driven. Research allows us to serve our customers better and stay ahead of the curve.