MENSWEAR PRODUCT DEVELOPER
Menswear Product Developer
Studio Nicholson are looking for a dynamic Menswear Product Developer to join our growing team. Working closely with Design, Merchandising and Product teams to in order to develop, optimise and prepare each product for production.
- Work closely with menswear design on the day to day development of each collection from initial designer concept through to preparation for bulk production.
- Present at Merchandising meetings from initial range plan to final SMS sign off.
- Work towards critical path set by Product team to ensure task are completed on time
- Communicate and work with Menswear Design to ensure our feedback and changes are understood by manufacturers and design vision and costs are considered, updating zedonk, tech packs and manufacturers.
- Factory allocation along side Product Team
- Work to development critical path with manufacturers, ensuring prototype and SMS deadlines are adhered to.
- Meeting suppliers with design to source fabric and trim
- Keep master critical path updated with fabric delivery dates advised .Sending out weekly to manufactures and confirming when they can start prototype and SMS samples.
- Organise all Menswear fit meetings throughout development, booking fit models and advising fit lists to team.
- Responsible for the completion of the Tech Packs for the Menswear collection from Design to Production handover, ensuring that all parties fill in their relevant areas and that all data is up-to-date and correct, and tracking any changes (BOM, CAD, Make, Lay plans, Measurements)
- Place all Menswear raw materials in zedonk for sampling once approved by Merchandising and Product Team, tracking costs and timings.
- Coordinate with Menswear Designer and pattern cutters to ensure all relevant information is sent to factors to launch prototype and SMS.
- Active participation in Mens design fits and pre production: be proactive in proposing finishing’s and trims and ensuring the communication flows between the different factories.
- Measuring of all Menswear SMS samples excluding toiles and completing the relevant sections on the Tech Packs for the development process. Resolving and issue with design and manufacturers where necessary.
- Present in bi-weekly pricing meetings for the menswear collection, feedback and problem solving costing issues throughout the season.
- Chasing all costs from manufacturers and advising Product Team - be aware of costs & cost problem solving.
- Evaluate all techniques and counter source with suppliers for best prices and improving quality where possible.
- Accountable for ensuring all information and BOMS are in Zedonk on time and are accurate for the full menswear range.
- Responsible for ensuring all the collection tools and charts are updated so communication on the collection is clear to all cross functional departments.
- Updating and introducing standards and procedures through the supplier manual
- Visiting manufacturers when required
- Responsible for handover to production: provide information and resolve problems that arise during and after the development of the collection.
Reporting into the Production Manager.
- The Ideal Candidate
- At least 3 years Product Development experience in Menswear.
- Highly organized, demonstrates the ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously whilst also keeping a 360 view of the entire development process and progress.
- Agile, adaptable and capable of multi-tasking and coordinating different projects with cross functional teams; partnering closely with the design team.
- Solution orientated – problem solver, flexible and adaptable, resilient.
- Passionate about product with the confidence to fully engage in the process and have an impact.
- Flexible to travel to factories in the UK and abroad
- Strong time management skills- experience of working in fast growth high pace entrepreneurial environments.
- Strong IT skills including Office (Excel mainly).
- Knowledge of Zedonk system.