Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us. About the Role
The Creative Artworker is responsible for supporting the Franchise Store Experience Team, playing a key role in enhancing the design, visualisation and preparation of artwork for print. The role will be responsible in working across multiple Gap Inc Brands. This role has no direct reports but will support and coach internal teams as the expert within the team on brand creative and artworking in delivering an elevated Gap Inc., store experience.
This role calls for a hard-working, organised and truly multi-disciplined candidate who is able to work across a variety of creative and design projects.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Support the store experience team with a range of artworking requests.
- Work to tight deadlines and across a number of briefs at one time
- Must be able to use both design & artworking skills in day-to-day work in equal measure.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Gap Inc brands - and how it is applied across channels and in different store formats
- Adaption of Windows and in store global signage for the Gap Inc Brands to meet international requirements.
- Development of creative for Windows & Instore Elevation for launches, key local and commercial events.
- Provide guidance for production of print and props.
- Offer new ideas, insights, guidelines and techniques to the brand's communication output
Benefits at Gap
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, the right candidate must have thorough print knowledge and how to set up artwork for print (ie: litho, digital or large format), and offer an in-depth understanding of how to produce immaculate artwork for a variety of print materials and large format platforms.
- Proven commercial experience in a Creative Artworker position
- Experience within a fast paced Fashion or Retail studio environment with knowledge of Visual Merchandising would be ideal but not essential.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator packages). Desirable- Sketch up, 3D visualisation & digital packages - desirable is knowledge of digital design
- Proven ability to generate and visualise concepts to a high standard
- Working knowledge of job management systems
- Excellent organisation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Excels at multi-tasking, effective time management skills + ability to manage / prioritise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, 30% off at Gap Outlet, and the ability to purchase discounted merchandise during international travel at Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Old Navy.
- Pension schemes available, depending on role.
- Market-leading private medical healthcare and well-being programme.*
- Voluntary medical cash plan open to all employees.
- Performance-related discretionary bonuses.*
- Access to our Employee Support Programme for overall well-being.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).