Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
The Trainer in partnership with the Department Lead and Supervisor will participate in the overall administration and follow-up of training within the fulfillment center. Shift:
Saturday/Sunday/Monday 6:00am to 6:30pm. (Mondays are required - no part-time)
Overtime and Tuesday availability are required during peak season
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Trainers will provide the following support for new hires within the facility:
- On-the-job training: Trainers will spend two weeks with each new hire conducting on-the-job training
- Facility and department tour: Trainers will take all new hires on a tour of the facility to point out key areas and then dept specific work areas
- High-level safety overview - Trainers will cover any dept specific safety policies and procedures
- Trainers will ensure that new hires have completed all required courses within the first 2 weeks
- 30-day check-in: Trainers will be with the new hires after 30 days on the job to check in and cover any outstanding questions
- Trainers will provide all associates with updates on policies and procedures
- Trainers will provide Training Coordinators with feedback on areas that need to be focused on in the new hire training classes to ensure we are providing new hires with the most relevant information possible
- Trainers will complete formal observations with associates that have been identified due to quality or performance and provide their findings to area management
- Trainers will conduct random knowledge checks in each department and track results.
- Trainers must communicate with business units to create awareness of training opportunities.
- Trainers must support the supervisor, manager, and/or director on special projects or reports as needed.
- Trainers must be shift flexible and able to move to other shifts as needed to support training needs.
- Trainers must be able to cross-train and learn all departments
- Intermediate knowledge of Warehouse Management System and MS Office preferred
- Previous training or mentoring experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze data for trends and make recommendations for improvement
- Excellent, timely, and professional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal
Essential Physical Requirements
- Continuous/frequent walking or standing for long periods of time
- Continuous/frequent pushing or pulling of heavy carts - up to 50lbs