Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The newly formed Content and Platform Development team has been tasked to drive the brand's social storytelling, platform innovations and connected experiences - to ultimately help accelerate Ralph Lauren into the Next Great Chapter. The team are ultimately responsible for helping grow the brand's SOV, and therefore elevating the brand's positioning for (new) cultural relevance today. We are therefore looking for a Manager; Content and Platform Development, within this newly-formed team who will help identify and creatively execute upon developing social-native storytelling and experiences that deliver to Ralph Lauren Brand and Programming strategies. The manager will also be the key point of contact for all third party creative vendors (incl. influencer creative and partnerships) that will support and amplify the Ralph Lauren brand across our platforms. This role will report to the Director, Content and Platform Development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Identify and support amplification strategies, outlining new opportunities to drive growth and media value across our social media campaigns
* Concept, ideate and deliver upon new creative formats that drive cultural relevancy and brand SOV
* Stay current in social media and digital marketing trends; continuing to educate wider teams on innovations and maintain social leadership within the industry.
* Own and execute upon amplification strategies, set by the Content and Platform Development Lead
* Support on delivering upon scalable formats and franchised series that elevate the brand narrative and help drive engagement with new and younger consumers - laddering back to key strategies.
* Help ideate and deliver upon social-native creative that deliver on Brand and Programming strategies. Ground all concepts in an understanding of the platform's audience and content consumption behaviors.
* Identify trends and visualize insights to help inform quick twitch content in response to cultural conversation that arises organically.
* Oversee day to day communications and relationships with third party production vendors in partnership with Agency.
* Own the milestone reviews for storyboards, directing, graphics, talent, post production and delivery - ahead of shoots.
* Be the key contact for social-native network of content creators who have expertise per social platform, and forge ways that the creators and RL can grow each other's success.
* Project manage work back schedules, deliverable specs, and review timelines for all social activations, experiences and storytelling.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Experience managing branded partnerships and / or content development
* Extensive experience concepting, prepping and executing upon bespoke and / or platform-exclusive shoots
* Expansive network with production houses, creatives and content creators
* Past experience in Social Media Creative and Content Production in-house and / or agency preferred
* Self-starter with a proven track record of cross-team partnership in development of social/digital campaigns that drive results
* Strong creative eye and analytical understanding for wider industry trends, insights and consumer-led experiences
* Knowledge of social media marketing trends, best practices, and platform innovations
* Strong understanding of fashion, beauty and / or lifestyle sensibilities a must, with an appreciation and/or understanding of how to adapt for Ralph Lauren sensibilities
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships within a cross-functional environment
* Experience in identifying and nurturing relationships with content creators, platform leads and external production vendors - preferred
* Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an extremely fast-paced environment
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standards
* Flexible, and able to respond immediately to business changes and priorities
* Collaborative nature; able to work well with many different types of people both inside and beyond Ralph Lauren
* Ability to make good decisions quickly, knowing when to exercise judgment and when to seek input/perspective from leadership