Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a talented Childrenswear Senior Buyer to join our dynamic international buying team. Previous experience within the luxury market is essential, knowledge of foreign languages will be considered as an advantage. You will have previous e-Commerce experience.
- Provide full support to management and Head of the department, ensuring that the team is running smoothly
- Manage workflows, accurately and quickly perform all tasks given ensuring all systems and records are up to date
- Attend and lead appointments and support the team in the buying process
- Monitor the performance of key brands and overseeing the selection of the collections, making sure that the range is balanced and meets the customers’ needs
- Attend buying trips and trade shows in the UK and overseas, following government guidelines
- Analyse sales reports prior to every buying appointment and lead the trading conversation with the supplier
- Update and inform Merchandisers on budgets, collections and spend. Work closely with the Merchandising team on special projects (exclusives) for specific brands
- Provide Line Manager support to your team (Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and Admin Assistants) by managing their day-to-day tasks, requirements and workflows
- Oversee training and development of your team and annual reviews
- Support buying management and coordinator in planning the season ahead, sample management and Admin/Assistant appointments allocation
- Work across all areas of the business – liaise and support in resolving product/brand queries with other departments such as Merchandising, Studio, Marketing, Customer Services
- Attend business meetings with key brands and prepare sales and product feedback presentation
- Support with ad hoc presentations with the wider Buying team and if needed, to key departments of the business
- Act as integral part of inter departmental projects by helping develop new systems, categories and strategies that affect the whole company
- Work closely with the management in implementing the 5 buying strategies
- Keen interest on global trade, monitor retail/ childrenswear trends and news on a global level
- Research and bring new brands, new categories in line with company strategy and missed opportunities
- Conduct regular comp shops and review our competition
- Have a deep understanding of childrenswear industry and be the key contact for the suppliers, agents, and brands
- Excellent communicator
- Management and leadership skills
- Have a good knowledge of the childrenswear industry and brands, especially knowledge within the luxury and premium brand
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of fabrics and garments construction
- Passion for luxury fashion and great eye to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, adapt to changes, proactive, creative
- Good time management - ability to organise, multitask, prioritise, and work under pressure
- Ability to self-manage and work to set timescales
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, team player
- Highly numerical and analytical skills
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.