Fabric & Trims Developer
1 day left
- Full Time
032c Readytowear is looking for a Fabric & Trims Developer to join the team. In this role you will be in charge of the sourcing, development, and purchasing of all raw material components within the 032c Readytowear collections. You will be engaged along the full process, ensuring that the creative and commercial vision is translated into the right material choices.
Start date: ASAP.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to
- Responsible for the material creation process of fabrics, prints, embroideries, trimmings and components.
- Seasonal research, development and presentation to the design team of new concepts within trims and fabrics.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with vendors, developing a strong working knowledge of vendor capability and availability to meet demands.
- Set and implement the raw materials seasonal planning in collaboration with the design and production teams. Ordering and delivering raw materials on time, ensuring that deadlines are adhered to and followed-up upon.
- Responsible for ensuring functionality and that products are fit for purpose to the product, brand and customer. This includes ongoing risk assessment and quality testing during the development process and production preparations.
- Guarantee design developments and material selections align with the material range plan, set budgets and price targets.
- Academic degree, from a textile education and/or fashion school
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the fabric and trim department, preferably in an international high-end fashion environment
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English, Italian is a plus
To be considered for this position, please send a CV, cover letter and a portfolio with work samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Fabric & Trims Developer”. Please include your earliest possible start date.