The Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness will provide support for assessment, surveys, and institutional research reporting, as well as handle office administrative tasks. The Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director of Institutional Research, the Executive Director of Assessment, the IR analysts, and faculty and staff at FIT to coordinate and assist in completing a variety of projects and assignments.
- Assist in research activities, including working with spreadsheets, creating charts, presentations, and documents, and cleaning data sets as requested.
- Assist with scheduling administrative and academic program reviews, serving as a point of contact in the absence of the Executive Director of Assessment.
- Run code and processes written by others in SAS and other programs, and use the output as directed (to fill out an official form, for example, or to populate a survey email distribution list).
- Maintain the office's public-facing and internal website information, creating a schedule to ensure regular updates.
- Manage budget for the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness, performing tasks including but not limited to entering purchase orders, filing expense reports and running budget reports.
- Manage department calendars, groups, data logs, shared folders, and email lists. Assist with scheduling and coordinating assessment and program review meetings.
- Assist with survey administration and reporting using programs such as SurveyMonkey.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three years of administrative support or appropriate experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as experience with calendar applications and group and list management.
- Five years of appropriate experience.
- Experience with web content managers.
- Experience working with a database such as BANNER.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, be comfortable working with data and numbers, have the ability to learn new technical skills, and be able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- A professional demeanor and attention to detail are essential, along with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with colleagues particularly on issues related to data integrity.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Constant; Stand- Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift Additional Information:
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Schedule 93
Hiring Salary: $66,187 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Administrative Coordinator in Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.