About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us. About the Role
The role is responsible to facilitate development of robust and executable material sourcing strategies (inclusive of mill, yarn suppliers and production country) which consider commodity markets, broader macro-economic dynamics, brand long-term needs, and supply resilience. Additional priorities for this role include identification, pursuit, and delivery of Enterprise-level leverage opportunities on cost, capacity, capability, and supply security. This role will also be expected to lead or facilitate strategic conversations with both key material suppliers & internal stakeholders.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Facilitate development of robust Material Market/ Competitor Intelligence mechanisms and products which support negotiations, financial planning, and risk mitigation
- Support development of mill/country sourcing strategies - including regional migration plans
- Evaluate Enterprise level leverage opportunities, define and deploy cross-brand negotiation frameworks in service to price competitiveness, price predictability and security of supply
- Support capability development related to materials supply chains - including identification, development, and deployment of traceability, visibility, and sustainability solutions
- Facilitate Integrated Supplier Partnerships with Key Mills - including establishment of long-term agreements
- Facilitate cross-brand problem-solving on large-scale materials cost, supply challenges with cross functional partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Educational Qualifications- Master's or Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations, engineering, or other relevant fields
- Business Expertise - Solid experience in supply chain management, textile manufacturing, and data-driven continuous improvement
- Business Performance Improvement - Proven track record of improvement based on fact-based analysis/ benchmarking
- Excellent Communicator - Proven capability to communicate and present effectively adapting to the audience needs.
- Collaboration- Proven ability to influence and make decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Problem Solve & Drive results- Proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).