Director, Field Operations Food Services
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Director, Field Operations Food Services is responsible for all Food and Beverage operations as assigned, with direct oversight of NYC Trade Area units/management and indirect oversight for all other units. Achievement of results is realized through implementation of strategy, oversight of unit management and creating a positive work environment where unit managers are developed to achieve all Food Services goals and objectives. Responsibilities include team development and training, customer experience strategy and development, menu development and oversight, and maintenance of the unit brand standards, including culinary consistency.
- Lead a team of leaders: Motivate, coach, and develop unit managers as team leaders, retail operators and business owners. Direct oversight of units within NYC Trade Area. Partnership with Trade Area Operations Directors for units outside of NYC Trade Area.
- Serve as a resource, providing expertise on operations, staffing, safety, and company policies and procedures. Ensure teams adhere to Restaurant Division Best Practices to provide consistent best in class dining experience.
- Support people leader development through collaboration with Trade Area Operations Directors in communicating company objectives and goals, participating in strategic talent review and succession planning process, facilitating quarterly check-ins and annual review processes.
- Monitor P&L and key performance indicators by unit, communicating results and addressing opportunities to improve performance.
- Conduct food division assessments ensuring operations meet our professional food service standards.
- Partner with Trade Area Operations Directors and stores teams to ensure the integration of the restaurant division into the customer experience. Direct connection with Trade Area Operations Directors, providing transparency of successes, opportunities and needs.
- Work closely with the Senior Director Restaurants in menu development that drive innovation, execution, efficiency, and profitability.
- Ensure divisional commitment to meet the highest standards of workplace safety, sanitation, and equipment care as set by Health Department and company policy.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Multi-unit management experience in a full- service restaurant operation.
- Safe food handling certification is required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports, procedure manuals and recipes.
- Understanding of P&L statements, food costs and payroll budgets.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception and focus adjustment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs.
- This position is exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert