Product Designer - Ethical Ecommerce
Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 2000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London, New York City and, very soon, Los Angeles. We are a rapidly growing scale-up business, now entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.130 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
As a business, we are committed to delivering an outstanding experience for our customers and brands. At the heart of doing this is great UX and Product Design. As a Product Designer at Wolf & Badger, you will partner with a Product Manager and together conceive and deliver a thoughtful, useful and beautiful roadmap of change.
We are looking for a Product Designer who understands how to design for people, you should be able to solve problems using design thinking and not just deliver features. You will be working alongside an outstanding team, delivering truly meaningful and impactful designs for the business.
What will you do?
- Use discovery and workshopping to really understand problems and potential solutions
- Interview customers and brands to understand who they are, how they think and feel and if we’re truly solving their problems
- Create interactive prototypes to help us validate our thinking
- Deliver beautiful UI designs, according to our brand guidelines and style library
- Work closely with engineering to execute against the designs with agile methodologies
- 4+ years of experience in Product Design for a B2C or B2B2C tech company
- Experienced using Design Workshops and Discovery
- Experience conducting user interviews
- Track record of delivering brand-lead UI
- Great product thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator
- Worked with double diamond design / SPRINT methodologies
- Formal UX / UI training at GA or similar recognised provider
- Experience working for a fast-growth scale-up business
- Interest in user behaviour / psychology
- Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- Equity! Stock options in Wolf & Badger, a rapidly growing scale-up
- Flexible remote working policy with access to a creative work environment within a multi-purpose retail, food, events and office environment
- 25 day holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Paid pet-ernity and heartbreak leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate ClassPass membership for exercise class credits, wellbeing and beauty treatments
- Discounts on cafe, restaurant and retail at Wolf & Badger
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.