Risk and Audit Insight Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Your purpose is to enhance and multiply the effect of the audit and risk teams. You will do this by helping to analyse business problems, in both a risk and audit/assurance context, applying data science and reporting techniques to provide insights that highlight risks, controls, or audits and audit findings which the business should prioritise.
Travel requirement: max 20% (UK/Overseas)
- Support the Risk Director, and IT Audit Director to establish and sustain a data strategy to support risk and audit activities
- Contribute to a wider data analytics community within Burberry, representing the risk function within data analytics and wider data team
- Develop a robust, repeatable process for creating dashboards and associate analysis, to support the Internal Audit Plan including IT, Finance, Digital and other key functions
- Support the development and support to the business of the DSP (Decision-Support Platform) including gathering feedback, creating new user stories, managing backlog and being the technical point of contact for our development partners.
- Create and deliver an L&D plan for the risk and audit function to improve data skills and knowledge of our team members
- Support audit fieldwork as agreed with audit leads and the Audit Director through imaginative, effective visualisations and supporting data science and analysis
- Support the risk director in specific analyses including visualisation and back-end data science and analysis
- Apply appropriate quality assurance procedures to ensure that professional internal audit standards are being complied with; ensuring internal audit reports are data driven and Internal Audit files are of good-quality.
- Ensure that the Risk Director and IT Audit Director is kept up to date on progress.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across the business including key data partners across IT, Digital and Finance to ensure Internal Audit remains a relevant, valued business partner by stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with developments in data science, visualisation, governance, risk, control and auditing.
- Highly experienced in performance of data analytics and supporting technology including power platforms, python, databricks, SAP, AWS/ azure
- Have had substantial experience as part of a delivery/ development team and associated tools e.g. devops/jira/asana
- Financial Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or IT Audit Qualification (CISA, CISM) or Internal Audit Qualification (IIA, CIA).
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience (including a role for at least 2 years in Internal Audit or Risk ).
- Knowledge of good practice governance and control - process and control re-design.
- Retail and Digital experience
- Experience of managing a team or individuals and reviewing work
- Experience of auditing or working in FTSE 100 companies or benchmark companies
- Ability to establish a relationship and influence management, present an argument for change and improvement.
- Works co-operatively with others to achieve objectives, displaying an understanding of group dynamics, being a team player, being collegial and collaborative and open.
- Support the team, managing problems and providing assistance as required.
- Self-motivated, proactive and focused on driving the delivery of high quality outputs.
- Requires a professional commitment with the objective of managing the efficient, timely completion of audit work to the standard required.
- Displays ability to self-assess own performance and take steps to actively improve performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated in both day to day work and in formal meetings and reporting context, including facilitation and meeting management.
- Demonstrates flexible, objective, lateral thinking.
- Is resilient and able to operate comfortably in an environment that is subject to frequent change.
- Takes a pragmatic approach and uses sound commercial judgement and knowledge of controls to shape findings and recommendations and influence the business to take action.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || INTERNAL AUDIT || n/a ||