Senior Director, Architecture & Platforms Engineering - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 20 Oct 2022
- Senior Manager
This position is responsible for leading the Digital Architecture and Platforms engineering functions. This role possesses technical acumen and leadership with high performance architecture. The position requires strategic and forward thinking with the ability to create system designs, coding, code reviews and deployment. Manage multiple
technologies and initiatives through strong cross-team and cross-functional collaboration and lead a team of high-potential architects and engineers.
· Develops actionable, consumable architectural patterns which delivery teams will want to adopt and will use in delivering high-quality, technical solutions.
· Leads the build vs buy discussion when it comes to choosing the tools, open-source technologies & platforms.
· Champions practices (mobile-first, DevOps, Lean development, automation, etc.) which is adaptive, progressive future state architecture.
· Creates a strong community of practice to involve, support, and guide solutions architects working on behalf various products and domains.
· Assists in the resolution of conflicting priorities through the proactive communication of requirements, timelines, and stakeholders.
· Operates as an engaged leader who serves as a subject matter and technical expert for assigned programs and development initiatives.
· Drives a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
Living the Chico's FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
Seeking ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Attracts Top Talent
Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the
Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
· 15+ years of proven track record running architecture/engineering teams
· Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications
· Has implemented a commerce re-platform initiative start to finish
· Has had high performance with a mix of fulltime, onshore, and offshore resources
· Deep understanding of eCommerce technologies and good experience with 3rd party digital ecosystem (PIM, Search, A/B testing, CMS etc.)
· Hands on experience implementing head-less commerce and serving as a technical architect, mentor/advisor to lead the technical teams
· Good understanding of POS systems, Order management systems, Customer service systems is a plus
· Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in frontend architecture, including performance, security, and usability
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert