Merchandising Manager, Calvin Klein Men's Footwear
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand built on iconic essentials and powered by bold, progressive ideals. The Calvin Klein brands — CK Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans, Calvin Klein Underwear and Calvin Klein Performance — provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, through multiple distribution channels and to different consumer groups. The Calvin Klein brands are also licensed for a range of products, including fragrance, women's apparel, footwear, eyewear, watches and jewelry in various regions. Global retail sales of products sold under the Calvin Klein brands were approximately $9.4 billion in Full Price Retail CK Merchandising Manager 2019.
The tiered-brand strategy was established for Calvin Klein to provide a focused, consistent approach to global brand growth and development that preserves the brand's prestige and image. Each of the Calvin Klein brands occupies a distinct marketing identity and position. We believe that Calvin Klein is well positioned over the next few years to establish itself as the world’s favorite brand. With the North Star of "Defying the boundaries of self-expression" guiding its design, marketing and consumer engagement initiatives, we believe that Calvin Klein will convert its investments into ongoing commercial success.
The Department & Team
The Merchandising department plays a key role in the Accessories and Footwear division, helping setting the product strategy in line with the Brand Vision, and interacting with all other departments throughout the Collection Development (Design, PD, Buying & Planning, EMEA+ Sales teams).
The team is composed of very talented individuals who work as a team and support each others with the common goal of ensuring continuous growth and achievement of all set KPIs through the development of strong Collections, which respond to the Markets’ needs whilst driving the brand forward to become the favourite premium lifestyle brand on the marketplace
The Footwear division consists of the following teams:
- Product Merchandising– Responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets in full respect of brand equity
- Market Merchandising– Ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail. Supports the presentation of collections to country sales teams and key accounts
- Product Development – drives the development process of product made for the European market. Working closely with Merchandising, Design, factories and planning teams in order to deliver high-quality, profitable collections on-time to market
Reporting directly into the Sr Merchandising Manager, this position is responsible for driving the divisional product strategy and the implementation of a regional product collection for the Footwear Collection. This role is leading the interface with designers and developers as well as being a key pivot for marketing, retail and e-commerce departments.
The role encompasses the creation of product merchandising plans which include both replenishment and seasonal product. A strong knowledge of the product requirements for EMEA+ markets, and making sure that these requirements translate into product, is key.
- Manage the collection by breaking down business objectives, while continuing to build strong brand equity & commercial success
- Ensure Range Plan is appropriate according to product strategy, and that all related deadlines are met, with all product related info are timely updated and communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze and be constantly aware of EMEA+ market needs, highlighting opportunities and possibilities of growth
- Collaborate with line manager and Merchandising Director to develop and implement plans and strategies to grow sales and improve market share, in line with Brand Strategy
- Create strong tools to allow impactful collection presentations to management and to Markets during Key meetings, as well as to Design and Development during proto & product reviews
- Work closely with Market Merchandising and the sales teams (wholesale and O&O retail/E-Commerce), to gather important qualitative and quantitative feedback to develop product which positions us close to the end consumer needs
- Constantly monitor and meet set KPIs (ASP, margin, efficiency, size range)
- Be a strong partner to PD and design teams throughout the different steps of the collection development
- Master use of PLM system throughout the collection development
- Support merchandising Director in monitoring KPIs evolution for the category through creation of correct overviews – proactively highlighting irregularities in pricing, costing and range size at key steps of Collection development
The Ideal Candidate:
- BA degree
- 5 years + work experience in product merchandising (footwear category)
- Understanding of EMEA+ product requirements and ability to translate the needs into the collection
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills (managing capsules, fast track collection, new product categories or other initiatives)
- Precision and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills (work on tight agenda and set deadlines) and able to reprioritize activities in agile way in accordance with manager inputs
- High level of analytical skills and ability to drive effective conclusions/actions from data analysis
- Able to handle pressure while working on multiple tasks, providing high quality work results
- Natural team player, embracing team mentality and collaboration
- Proactive attitude and fast learner
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills
- Computer and digital tools literate - Excellent skills in using MS office programs, with particular focus on MS Excel and Power Point - MS Access knowledge is a plus (large database files management)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Italian is a plus
- Ability to travel