WE ARE LOOKING FOR A WHOLESALE DIRECTOR TO JOIN OUR GLOBAL WHOLESALE TEAM IN NEW YORK
YOUR MISSION & RESPONSIBILITIES AHEAD OF YOU
As our new US Wholesale Director, you will be responsible for executing on all account specific strategies, reporting directly to President of US Business as well as the Global WSL Director. You will cultivate an active dialogue with buyers regarding product, brand positioning and develop action-oriented proposals.
More specifically, you will drive and be involved in the following:
- Develop trusted relationships with business partners and buying teams
- Create and achieve targeted sales goals through the conception of sales projects and review of sales analysis at a weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis
- Travel to all wholesale locations seasonally to manage the training of sales staff on the brand, collection, and visual merchandising
- Drive the development of talent within the department and focus of skillset growth of direct reports (Account Executives and Wholesale Assistants)
- Manage SKU counts and online business presence to maintain merchandising standards
- Monitor shipping status and oversee communicate to appropriate vendors and buyers on a weekly basis
- Responsible for management of order entry and processing as well as generating reorders as required
- Provide visual merchandising feedback
- Participate in seasonal markets and action market preparation, including confirmation of appointments and prep of showroom as host venue
- Maintain order changes, substitutions, confirmations, and shipping status/order tracking for all accounts
- Conduct product knowledge training for internal sales team and partners of sales staff
- Collaborate and work with all members of the team to help create a cohesive wholesale business across all channels
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- 8+ years of applicable experience in a luxury fashion company or related
- Experience managing large department store accounts, including established contacts in department stores buying departments
- Leadership capabilities to inspire and motivate a team
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen
- Proven ability to drive results and develop business results
- Passionate about exceeding corporate goals and driving business through excellent execution
- Ability to understand current market trends and buying psychology
- Ability to travel
THE GANNI WAY
We are looking for a true GANNI ambassador - someone who shares our values of Openness (ready to evolve, honest not perfect), Optimism (you never stand still, just dance!), Authenticity (you march at your own beat!), Accountability (no excuses, you make an impact) & Responsibility (make small changes, see big differences).
The GANNI culture is based on a learning and results-driven mentality, where everyone is united by a common purpose of (hack)the fashion system!
GANNI is a state of mind - more than a way of dressing and we love to change the usual practice in everything we do. We are confident and capable of anything! So prepare yourself to be comfortable with the uncomfortable and hacking the system together with our amazing Wholesale team!
We welcome applications from all people regardless of gender identities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, racial identities, religious beliefs, disability statuses and personal expressions. We only want to know why you’re great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV.
BE BOLD AND JOIN OUR GANNI COMMUNITY!
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel motivated to join our team and become a part of the GANNI community.
We will be interviewing candidates continuously and kindly ask you to send your application and CV as soon as possible. Please use the “Apply for position” button.
Based in Copenhagen and owned and run by husband-and-wife team Creative Director Ditte Reffstrup and Founder Nicolaj Reffstrup, GANNI has developed exponentially over recent years with its Scandi 2.0 sense of style full of personality and contrasts. GANNI is all about making our community who wear our clothes feel even more confident and capable of anything. For us, acting responsibly is a moral obligation.
GANNI is committed to creating a more diverse, equal and inclusive workforce, building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. It is a fundamental policy at GANNI not to discriminate on any basis or characteristics and celebrate diversity. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply.
At GANNI we see behaving responsibly as our moral obligation. GANNI focuses on making more responsible choices every day to do better for our planet and community. Responsibility is at the heart of everything we do and we encourage all employees to take part in our journey towards becoming a more inclusive, equal and responsible business.
OUR VISION & MISSION
Hack(ing) the fashion system.
Evolving from a distinctive Scandinavian fashion brand, we are more than a way of dressing - we are a creative collective and diverse community of first movers, committed to environmental responsibility and progressive social activism, setting the tone for the next generation to follow.