Technical Product Developer - Footwear
Are you looking for a company that pushes the boundaries and creates a community inclusive of everyone? A shared vision beyond only us?
If you answered yes, why not join us? This could be your first step towards a new and exciting career at COS! We are now looking for a Senior Footwear Product Developer to join our Womens Accessories team on a full time Permanent contract.
Offering innovative design, elevated essentials and wardrobe icons, COS is a fashion brand rooted in contemporary culture. From the beginning, our design ethos has always put lasting style, quality and sustainability first. Today 92% of the materials in our collection are more sustainably sourced.
As a Senior Footwear Product Developer you will work closely with our Designers, Buyers, Production teams and suppliers to develop our footwear range.
In this role you will have the chance to drive product development focusing on fit, component development and sourcing, handling direct communication with our suppliers and Production Offices.
- Build, develop and drive the footwear assortment
- Constantly review footwear products and assortment, monitor sales, and suggest actions. Takes initiatives to drive things forward and implement new plans/actions
- Collaborate with all functions in the design/buying/production teams, as well as our suppliers to ensure you deliver an efficient workflow and operate-towards long- and short-term goals that you set for your department
- Ensure you and your team have an aligned view on the footwear department, including technical skills in shoes, colour and fit.
- Be a representative of the footwear department and provide analyses and results to the organisation as required
- Work closely with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers, Production Office to get the best product
- Develop the footwear product, including fitting and construction, according to quality standards
- Ensure that the footwear offer continues to drive the brand forward season on season and delivers quality and design integrity true to COS DNA
- Conduct research for the footwear department, evaluate and explore our customers needs working with our customer types, trends, insights and tendencies
- Maintain the critical path, by preparing meetings and team in the required way
- Identify areas for improvement and develop/adapt new ways of working
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our values are the behaviors that we appreciate above and beyond anything else. We are open-minded and curious, we dare to be different, we believe in constant improvement and we empower and trust you to take ownership. Our values are part of who we are, what we stand for and how we act.
In addition to our values for this role we are also looking for:
- Senior experience in a Footwear Product Development role
- Demonstrate a wide technical knowledge and skill in Footwear
- To have a great understanding of fits, materials and colours within Footwear
- Must be an expert in Footwear technology and have a knowledge of sustainable solutions
- Have experience with Suppliers and Production Office to get the best footwear product
COS, alongside Arket, Monki, Weekday, Afound, & Other Stories and H&M, is one of several unique brands that make up the H&M group. The H&M Group employs over 170,000 people in 74 markets across the globe, and we are the 2nd largest fashion company in the world. Since launching COS in 2007, we have opened more than 200 stores worldwide.
At COS we love welcoming new people and work hard to provide an environment where everyone feels appreciated and valued. We celebrate individual differences and recognise the contribution that all our colleagues make, regardless of their background.
When you first join COS, you will have a full introduction, excellent training, and a team that will support you during your first days, weeks and months. In addition to this you will also receive lots of fantastic benefits including.
- 25% Staff Discount
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Health Checks
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
Please kindly note that in order for us to consider your application, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the COS design aesthetic.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!