Product Development Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Veronica Beard is seeking a driven and passionate Product Development Assistant to work closely with the Product Development and Design teams, focusing on RTW collection, Cut & Sew, Swim program, and Trims development. This role is temporary with the potential to become a permanent position. The Product Development Assistant will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams across the company. This role is based in our NYC office and reports directly to the Product Development Manager.
- Support Product Development Manager and Product Development Associate on all aspects of development from initial techpack through to production hand-off
- Work with Design and Product Development Team to track, develop, and execute Proto and Salesman Samples for RTW, Swim line, and exclusive programs.
- Responsible for developing repeated styles, exclusive sample requests, and PR Duplicates through tech pack and BOM initiation
- Daily communication with international vendors
- Create and manage factory linesheets, utilize to ensure proto and SMS samples are delivered on time
- Set up and update styles in PLM throughout development stage, and automatically generate style info in ERP system at the end of each season
- Assist in preparation and set up for all internal reviews and fittings during each season
- Assist Product Development Team in ensuring a complete hand-off to production at the end of each season – including, but not limited to: BOM, digital patterns, Keep Samples, Trim info
- Work closely with Fabric Team and Trim Buyer to ensure all material delivery is aligned with sample schedule
- Maintain Master Style WIP chart to ensure all style info is up-to-date and aligned with all seasonal charts
- Create outgoing packages and receive incoming packages. Daily tracking of all incoming packages and help organize and log in all received samples
- Request patterns from factories and graders
- Help prepare dry clean testing for all new and counter-developed trims
- Create trim binders for each season, and help maintain in-office trim organization
- Assist in maintaining and updating trim library, updating shared Master Trim Chart for cross-functional use
- 1 - 2 years of experience in Garment Industry
- Experience working with overseas and domestic factories
- Proactive, extremely organized, detail oriented, can think on their feet, and has a sense of urgency
- Welcomes a challenge, and breathes fresh air into a team dynamic
- Ability to multitask and troubleshoot
- Willingness and eager to learn and grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Photoshop & Illustrator is a plus
- Experience with and knowledge of Trim is a plus
- Experience with PLM and ERP system is a plus
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.