6 days left
- Full Time
Fabric development and sourcing expert – with 10 yrs experience, sourcing cut and sew knits PRIMARILY of all kind, Asia , USA and globally.
Norma Kamali Inc is a fast-paced Women’s Contemporary lifestyle Brand based in New York City. Collection encompasses division of RTW, athleisure active, swimwear, coats and handbags.
We are looking for a dynamic Fabric development and sourcing expert for USA & global sourcing as well as working with operations for placing production orders. The most important skill set is to implement a sense of urgency in all steps for development and production. Day to day tracking preventing problems and solving problems with back up plans with a solutions-based approach is the key to success in this position.
The responsibilities will include sourcing fabric and vendors for development of collections, to ensure the utmost quality standards are implemented and met with mills. Double checking and triple checking as tracking is being done with all references for the match to best quality standards needs to be the norm. The candidate must demonstrate strong ability to communicate and coordinate with mills, factories, and internal team to prevent any fabric issue, solve problems in a timely manner to meet development & production calendar.
Sourcing fabric samples for new collections:
- Source new fabrics and vendors, including print development, knowledge of and relationships with domestic & international mills.
- Oversee Lab testing of raw materials ensuring compliance with internal procedures established testing policies.
- Order sample yardage and follow up for timely deliveries and development of collection, approval of strike offs and samples.
- Negotiate pricing, maintain master list of fabrics / vendors costs information, minimums purchase, production lead time.
- Review and confirm company standards by fabric vendor and ensure confirmed protocols are established and effective with each supplier prior to each purchase order.
- Check fabric production quality before shipping to factories, review any quality issue with President.
- Provide inventory reports update monthly, budget, keep inventory control with all movements of stock
- Knit specialist.
- Detail oriented and time management pro.
- Quality the utmost importance and must be matched with a sense of urgency for all order placements and deliveries
- Strategically planned back up opportunities for all orders.
- Always checking new sources for the core fabrics and new sources for new fabrics.
- Relationship builder, best practices always followed.
- Candidate is a good communicator with suppliers and In house teams.
- Computer savvy and proficient in excel
- Detailed oriented, proactive, extremely organized, works as team player
- Loves fabric, developing and meeting standards in hand weight stretch feel and color, familiar with developing prints
- Candidate must have many sourcing contacts and long-term relationships, build more relationships to ensure all our vendors are our partners, strong negotiation skills.
- Driven by seasonal deadlines to a fault, sense of urgency
- Plans ahead for plan B, prevent problems and solve problems with ease
- 10 years’ experience minimum with increasing responsibilities within Fashion wholesale industry, must be able to troubleshoot production cycle issues
- Reports to the Designer and the CFO
- Productivity is measured through reporting on company end and on candidates daily reporting system.
- Medical options / Dental options
- Holiday, vacation, sick days, 401K
- Employee discount on NK clothing line
Based on NYC Mandate, Vaccination required to be considered.