3 days left
- Full Time
The Business of Fashion is seeking a correspondent to lead and expand our coverage of how marketing, media, public relations and entertainment help fashion and beauty brands connect with consumers. The ideal candidate will join BoF's newsroom already possessing strong sourcing, reporting and writing skills to break news, analyse the latest developments and create differentiating, data-driven insights in this critical beat. The Marketing Correspondent should be able to evaluate both the analytical thinking behind and creative execution of fashion’s most talked-about advertising campaigns across mediums, from streaming services to print media to influencers. Ideally based in New York or London with opportunities for travel, the Correspondent will report to BoF’s News and Features Editor.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
Part fashion reporter, part trend reporter, part advertising reporter, the candidate should be able to uncover new insights into brands’ marketing strategies, go behind-the-scenes of the industry’s hottest ad campaigns, and unpack the latest developments in the influencer economy. They will confidently tell our readers not just what’s happening in the worlds of marketing, media, public relations and entertainment, but how all of this impacts the fashion and beauty brands who need to navigate these changes.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Pitch and deliver at least 1 freshly reported feature on your beat per week
- Regularly write brief news stories that are important for BoF readers while also quickly developing the most vital of these stories into analysis and trend pieces.
- Use your source network and industry expertise to break news and elevate features.
- Develop relationships with top level marketers and CMOs in fashion and beauty
- Be data savvy, identifying compelling data sources to enrich or drive your stories, placing charts and graphics at the heart of your coverage.
- Have the courage and creativity to explore a range of formats to tell a story, including on social media.
- Contribute to BoF’s longer form, “evergreen” content, such as case studies.
- Collaborate on stories and projects with reporters and editors on adjacent beats, including luxury, tech and retail based in our newsroom hubs in London and New York.
Who you are
- You are a journalist with experience writing about fashion, marketing, advertising or media.
- You will be full of ideas, confident in pitching stories for digital consumption, and able to swiftly execute tightly written news, analysis and deeply reported features.
- You will have the ability to cultivate a network of high-level industry sources (bonus if you already have relationships with top CMOs).
- You have strong knowledge about the fashion, marketing and media industries and you know what makes a successful ad campaign and need-to-know trends in fashion media.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You are consistently building a strong portfolio of features that inform and engage BoF’s global community.
- You are on top of the most important marketing and media industry news, including major ad campaigns, CMO and editor appointments, publication launches/closures and agency reviews, and regularly ahead of the competition, providing content that differentiates BoF as a trusted, go-to source of knowledge and insight.
- Data is part and parcel of your story-telling.
- You are collaborating effectively with other BoF beats and teams, including social media and events.