Fashion Membership Manager
Fashion Membership Manager
Location: London, WC1/Home/Hybrid
Hours: 9.30 – 5.30 Monday – Friday plus limited evenings and weekends
25 days holiday (plus statutory)
Salary: £35-40,000 depending on experience
The UK Fashion & Textile Association (UKFT) is the largest network for fashion and textile companies in the UK. We are in a unique position representing the entire UK fashion and textile supply chain, from spinning, weaving and knitting, right through to the catwalk. We bring together designers, manufacturers, suppliers, agents and retailers to promote their businesses and our industry in the UK and around the world. We champion the industry, curate opportunities and provide impactful knowledge to develop their businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with UKFT to represent the UK fashion and textile industry during a period of real change, as the industry transforms itself to meet the opportunities and challenges of environmental sustainability and advances in innovation and creativity.
We are a dedicated team of hardworking doers. We are creative, professional and love our sector.
You will play a vital role helping to drive membership, commercial opportunities and to raise the profile of UKFT. You are driven, show initiative and are a team player. You also have an eye for accuracy and attention to detail. You have experience in sales, commercial partnerships and communications and will manage our membership retention and recruitment, with a particular focus on fashion brands, retail and UKFT Rise, our network for emerging businesses.
Working with the rest of the UKFT team, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks from growing our membership, to liaising with our stakeholders through to delivering our events and seminar programme. You will also have responsibility for the line management of the Membership Executive.
- Manage membership recruitment programme with a particular focus on fashion and retail – from a continuous development of our membership offer, to identifying targets to closing sales.
- Manage membership retention programme for fashion brands and retail, including delivery of the member engagement plan and meetings with members.
- Oversee the project management of membership at UKFT, including reporting data to team and Directors, preparing Board reports, chasing membership payments etc.
- Work on the delivery of member benefits, topics for UKFT seminars and networking programme and act as the key point of reference for technical queries from members.
- Attend UKFT events, UK-based fashion & textile exhibitions, represent UKFT at UK trade shows and where necessary, attend overseas trade shows to assist the Export team.
- Working with the Communications team and the Membership Executive to contribute into membership communications, including news and information for inclusion in newsletters, website etc as well as contributing to our social media activity.
- You will be responsible for managing the work and performance of the Membership Executive.
- Capturing feedback from members and the industry to ensure continuous improvement of UKFT provision.
- Support the development of UKFT’s Associate Members, who are specialists in their field and can offer tangible member-enhancing benefits to UKFT members.
- Identify revenue opportunities from the membership offer, the UKFT seminar and networking programme, our sponsors and our links to other service providers such as energy brokers, insurance companies etc.
- Support CEO and Director of Operations to seek and secure commercial partnerships for UKFT members and initiatives.
- Liaise with key partners and organisations.
- Flag flier: You care about the future of the fashion & textiles industry and have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and build strong internal and external working relationships
- Self-starter: Working independently, confidently and professionally, you use your initiative to work autonomously
- Commercial mindset: Understanding the importance of targets and your contribution to them, and the broader value of partnerships
- Customer facing: A background in using your creativity to deliver excellence Changemaker: Working across the entire UKFT team to find solutions and deliver results
- Multitasker: Excellent project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and plan own workload
- Details focused: Ability to produce accurate work to a high standard and pay meticulous attention to detail
The closing date for applications is 7th October 2022. To apply, please send email your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position and would be suited to the role to email@example.com