Company Secretary Assistant
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 6 Dec 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Company Secretariat team is responsible for handling all corporate governance matters and regulatory obligations affecting Burberry Group plc and its subsidiary and joint venture companies globally. We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic individual who wishes to join a motivated team to provide efficient and high-quality company secretarial services to the Group.
• Assisting with statutory compliance for Burberry subsidiaries across Middle East, APAC and UK including updating statutory records in Diligent Entities and co-ordination of invoicing;
• Assisting with arranging execution of company resolutions and associated logistics including notary and apostille where necessary;
• Preparing UK statutory forms and filing with the Registrar of Companies and updating statutory books and records;
• Assisting with preparations for the Annual General Meeting;
• Assisting with drafting governance sections of the Burberry Group plc Annual Report;
• Project management of the subsidiary health check for Middle East, APAC and UK entities;
• Arranging execution of powers of attorney and other subsidiary governance documents and maintaining relevant trackers;
• Assisting with issued share capital management, including updating internal records, preparation and filing of SH01's and drafting/releasing Stock Exchange announcements including Total Voting Rights, blocklisting and share buyback;
• Updating group structure chart on a quarterly basis;
• Assisting with compliance requirements of the UK Companies Act, UK Listing Rules and the UK Corporate Governance Code.
• 1-2 years' company secretarial experience in a listed environment highly desirable.
• Ideally fully qualified with the Chartered Governance Institute (ICSA) or part-qualified;
• Basic knowledge of Companies Act and UK Listing Rules, in the context of both plc and subsidiaries;
• Working knowledge of Diligent Entities;
• Basic technical knowledge of the Companies Act; and
• Good attention to detail and drafting skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || CORPORATE AFFAIRS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9012 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert