Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage.
We are looking for a MM6 Wholesale Area Manager Italy and Southern Europe who will be based in Paris.
The Wholesale Area Manager will be involved in all the activities of the Wholesale Department supporting the planning and delivering of the strategy for sales and contributing to the business growth of the brand.
The Role's Main Responsibilities Are:
• Building strong relationships and strategic partnerships with key wholesale customers
• Support in analyzing the different markets and customers to identify peculiarities and develop ad hoc plans
• Assist in maximizing the distribution potential through understanding the markets, clients, and opportunities in each area
• Monitor sales campaigns and follow up supporting the team in achieving seasonal targets
• Manages order and requests from wholesale clients collaborating with the customers service department
• Closely monitor seasonal performance, commercial actions, and support the decision making to increase sales and performances in each area
• Regularly analyze and communicate commercial sales data and support in creating action plans based on results
What Requirements You Need To Have:
• 7 years of experience in sales management or in a similar role
• Fluent in Italian (native speaker level)
• Fluent in English
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
• Good communication skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
• Highly organized and proactive
• Strong team player with the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced ever changing environment