Head of Retail
Head of Retail
STINE GOYA is growing our own retail business and are therefore looking for a strategic and dynamic Head of Retail to lead our Retail Department and team in both Denmark and Internationally and to take the strategic, operational, and managerial responsibility for the expanding retail business.
By 2022, we will have opened our first store in London. We have specific plans to open more stores abroad in our strategic outlook. We have recently redesigned the shop fit concept in our DK stores and shop-in-shops to support our ambitious retail plans. This role will also oversee our concession/own-bought partners.
Our new Head of Retail should take a strong lead in opening new stores, building the team, reaching the commercial objectives, setting the direction, and securing alignment between our retail stores across, shop in shops, and branding directions in general.
The Head of Retail monitors and reviews the performance of each store, shop-in-shops, and marketplace with support from our E-commerce, Marketing & PR, Sales, and Finance departments to enhance awareness and performance across sales, client experience, store and team productivity, operations, client services, and compliance.
As the Head of Retail, you will report to our CEO and become part of the Goya Management Team at our HQ in the center of Copenhagen.
- Define short and long-term targets for the international development and growth of our own retail business together with the Board of Directors and Management Team.
- Design and oversee the operation of the tailored store-by-store plans, in collaboration with store managers and relevant departments, to reach brand priorities, optimize performance and elevate the client experience.
- Initiate and plan activities in store to deliver client service results with the full support of local store teams.
- Lead and/or take a proactive role in local projects and execute business initiatives including but not limited to: store incentives and/or retail-specific projects when required.
- Monitor operational performance of client services and store operations inclusive of inventory flow and accuracy, team operational productivity, stock organization, and training through hands-on coaching in store and ensuring solid cross-functional client services/operational knowledge for all team members, inclusive of new hires, with continuous coaching in support of service excellence.
- Foster day-to-day operational excellence mindset in the market and build community amongst teams
- Plan and take responsibility for the buying for each store, shop in shops and marketplace together with the store managers, and in coordination with our e-commerce team.
- Lead individual store inventory accuracy and integrity plans through analysis and processes to reduce shrinkage in close partnership with Finance and Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Lead retail projects such as store openings, shop-in shops, delivery schedule, pullbacks, and logistics in partnership with E-commerce, Marketing & PR, and Supply Chain/Logistics.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Significant experience leading retail business and stores, executing and developing retail operations and making sure that we build and will benefit from an omnichannel approach in our markets
- Experience in advanced contemporary retail with a track record in retail analytics, KPIs, and proven leadership
- Demonstrative entrepreneurial spirit, adapting quickly and developing client and people-centric solutions
- Guiding team members, providing learning opportunities, giving the necessary support, and inspiring both the team and wider company to initiate new ideas and approaches
- Creating the right conditions for cooperation within the team; motivating, driving, and inspiring. Empowering the team and holding yourself and others accountable
- A results-oriented mindset and a drive for achieving ambitious targets and goals A self-starter approach, taking initiative and ownership of role and directives
- High-energy and team player spirit that reflect Stine Goya values and demonstrates strong commitment to our customers and brand
- Strong communication skills with significant customer experience and enthusiastic selling personality
- Fluency in English
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Head of Retail” in the subject line:
- 1 x A4 page cover letter
STINE GOYA is dedicated to supporting a more ethical and inclusive industry. We believe that diversity in all forms makes the workplace richer. It opens up the possibility for everyone to express their talents, both individually and collectively. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered regardless of age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Stine Goya established STINE GOYA in 2006. We are a private and independent label, representing four collections a year across RTW, accessories and footwear. The collections are developed at our in-house design studio and are initially presented at the showroom located in Copenhagen alongside our Customer Service, Retail, Production, Graphic, PR & Marketing, Finance and of course Sales departments. We hold a unique position within the global fashion industry, and are working systematically with partners and agents to secure a more responsible future.