FIGS is looking for an Art Director to own our Campaigns and Content. This role will support our Brand Creative team and partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Product and Marketing. We are searching for someone who views content as an opportunity to extract the most visually rich and conceptually unique way of communicating an idea. Our ideal candidate has stellar communication skills, loves the challenge of creating engaging video and photography content, and can simplify complex product briefs into delightful, actionable content. This role will report into one of our Creative Directors.What you'll do:
- As an Art Director, you will build upon our existing marketing initiatives by evolving the FIGS brand. Working closely with other creative team members and outside agency support, you will help create deliverables that evolve and push the brand
- Work side-by-side with writers and graphic designers to develop language and visuals that are clear and effective
- Mentor talented creatives, motivating, guiding, and influencing not just the work, but their personal growth and career development
- Work with external studios to produce libraries of new assets
- Work with our internal production studio to manage on-set functions including giving feedback to cast and crew, and partnering with photographers and videographers on direction
A little bit about us...
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the mediums of print, advertising, conceptual campaigns, branding, photography, digital media, graphic design and motion design.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Understanding of how to leverage creativity to meet business goals
- Portfolio that demonstrates strong strategic thinking, generating big ideas, and executing filmic ideas with a high level of craft.
- Unmatched attention to detail and due diligence
- Interested in making advertising, product films, and other short and long-form FIGS films.
- Guides communication with creative partners, providing creative direction and revisions.
- Shown ability to develop, guide and execute on creative strategy
- A generous dose of humility and an ego-less nature
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.