Fabric Coordination Intern
7 days left
- Full Time
IMPORTANT: Please submit your applications here, via the BoF website. Please do not contact us directly via our Saloni Customer Care email or telephone number to submit your application as they will not be received by the relevant department - Thank you.
SALONI is looking for a fulltime paid Fabric Intern, to be trained by and provide support to the sampling team within the London office. Taking responsibility for all administrative and logistical requirements relating to Fabrics and Textile developments, the successful candidate will be highly organised, committed, hardworking, with great interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be a champion of social and environmental responsibility; as this mindset is core to our business and fundamental to our long-term success.
- Researching and sourcing fabrics, as required by the design team.
- Liaising with suppliers to ascertain cost and technical information for all confirmed fabrics and inputting information into the fabric chart, in preparation for production.
- Organisation of fabric header archive – physically and digitally.
- Creating fabric development specs for swatches and garment samples.
- Issuing strike-offs and lab dips and placing fabric sampling POs.
- Communicating fabric delivery dates to the sampling department and chasing suppliers to ensure deliveries are on time during sampling.
- Checking, measuring, and keeping a record of all received sampling fabric (colour standard folder).
- Managing an up-to-date record of left-over sampling and production fabrics in house and held by suppliers.
- Ensuring fabric names and codes on line sheet are correct and entered into Zedonk, to ensure a smooth transition from sampling to production.
The ideal candidate:
- BA / MA / or equivalent qualification in Fashion Textiles Design.
- Internships in a similar role desirable.
- Highly organised with an understanding of fabric processes, including print, embroidery, and woven jacquards.
- Skilled in Microsoft office suit and Adobe InDesign.
- Advantageous but not essential: skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.