Senior Art Director, Photo
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Senior Art Director of Photography contributes to the overall function of our in-house online Creative team. The Senior Art Director leads the Product Detail Page (PDP) initiatives and defines, leads and communicates the Bloomingdale's aesthetic to the creative team. Elevates and evolves the site aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction. The Senior Art Director conceptualizes high level campaigns and follows through to execution. The individual will take ideas from concept to creative to final execution with ease. The individual will display outstanding creative fashion and on figure art direction skills to work on multiple projects for Bloomingdales.com.
- Leads and supervises e-commerce photography and digital projects.
- Partner with design team and operations in close collaboration with the heads of Photography and Design, Associate Creative Directors, and Project Planners.
- Manages talent for photo shoots including hiring of Photographers, Hair & Make-up Artists, Stylists, and Models
- Facilitates post-production of shoots
- Manages the aesthetics with digital technicians to standards expected and to ensure concepts are compelling and aligned to brand vision.
- Partners with Studio Analysts to determine budget projections and budget creation. Partners with Photo Producers to operate within budget standards
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year colleague or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Complete fluency in Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and Capture One
- Lead objectives of on-set operations for both fashion and still life
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert