Visual Support Production Supervisor -Windows & Special Store Projects, Full Time: 59th Street
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 7 Dec 2022
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. The Visual Support Production Supervisor for Window and Special Store Projects is responsible for helping to create and develop new, experiential, and dynamic street windows and special projects in store to enhance Bloomingdale's brand while driving key business initiatives. Supports the creative merchandise process for a specific family of business, actively participates and contributes to team ideation meetings, and supports projects when needed. The Visual Support Production Supervisor for Window and Special Store Projects interfaces with merchant teams, marketing, fashion office, store environment and provides to the stores the fashion and trend direction for visual merchandising initiatives.
- Owns video production, prop design and merchandise presentation communication for their specific areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for design, production and calendars for windows and special instore projects. Shares prototype and best practice examples.
- Oversees the fabrication/production vendors and millworkers under tight deadlines.
- Strong Graphic design background with experience creating art for motion graphics/video, print production and glass editorial for each window change. Knowledge of fonts and takes ownership for window signing and editorial concepts, sometimes aligning with companywide campaigns.
- Ability to learn the vinyl cutting machine program, weed and install.
- Ownership of the music production for exterior street speakers to coincide with window themes and supervises the timers.
- Knowledge of video equipment.
- Responsible for working with the external video wall tech team in troubleshooting when needed.
- Designs and develops visual equipment, fixtures, tech interactive initiatives in partnership with various internal partners.
- Frequent use of computers, technology, Sketchup and Adobe Suite programs.
- Creates detailed renderings for special projects, brand events, brand guidelines, and special windows.
- Responsible for following up with the carpenters and painters as well as writing work requisitions for the shop, electricians, window washers, security and shop partners as needed.
- Contributes to the development of visual collateral for visual instore concepts that coincide with the windows, and seasonal campaigns.
- Takes ownership of regularly updating the visual renderings for the windows.
- Partners with design leadership on special campaigns and product launches for the windows.
- Responsible for material/collateral, sourcing, quoting/bidding, and purchase orders.
- Ability to maintain a project budget and steps forward with solution when funds are exhausted.
- Actively participates alongside the window team on installations.
- Develops story boards and presents concepts/direction to leadership and store teams.
- Is agile and risk adverse.
- Assist the in-store customer as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
5+ years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment and building meaningful relationships.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
- Problem solving skills with ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team.
- Fluency and experienced in utilizing/directing the following: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Sketchup, Motion Graphics/ Video production. Music Production a plus. Knowledge of music media players for windows.
- Ability to drive projects with cross-functional teams and align multiple priorities with different teams at a fast pace
- Loves to keep a pulse on what is happening in NYC as well as globally with an attention to what is happening in the arts and current events.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around the store and windows/sidewalk.
- Window installations and de-installations.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to use a hammer and portable power tools.
- Visit off site production shops as needed for special projects.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert