About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing, Corporate Services, drives strategic initiatives, competitive advantage and value creation across our Gap Inc brands and HQ functions. The Senior Manager will manage the Benefits, Risk Management, and Legal Services categories as well as have oversight of Talent Management, Asset Protection, Excess Inventory, Financial Services, Travel & Events, and Shared Services Corporate Service categories. They will manage all aspects of negotiating contract terms and pricing, as well as conducting spend and data analysis, ensuring process and policy compliance, performing market research, and facilitating ongoing supplier relationship management, category management and business engagement. The Senior Manager will identify new opportunities for savings, identify best in class market intelligence and work with business partners to identify process efficiencies and improvements. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externally, that result in on-going strategic partnerships.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Lead, manage and execute through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (category management, supplier selection, market intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Successfully partner across varied functions (Marketing, Legal, Finance, etc.) and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies, and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers, and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skillsto define Strategic Sourcing's role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Develop and empower talent: by coaching and mentoring team members on both technical and soft skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Ability to lead complex projects and categories, to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- 7 + yrs. experience in strategic sourcing, management consulting, or account team management
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).