Sr. Manager, Visual Design
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 7 Dec 2022
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. The Senior Manager, Visual Design is responsible for creating and developing new, experiential, and dynamic visual and fashion presentations to enhance Bloomingdale's brand while driving key business initiatives. Supports the creative merchandise process for a specific family of business, actively participates and contributes in team ideation meetings, and supports projects when needed. The Senior Manager, Visual Design interfaces with merchant teams, marketing, fashion office, store environment and provides to the stores the fashion and trend direction for visual merchandising initiatives.
- Owns visual design and merchandise presentation communication for their specific areas of responsibility.
- Designs/Manages and communicates fashion rotation calendars for visual moments and trend shops. Shares prototype and best practice examples.
- Manages fabrication/production vendors and millworkers under tight deadlines.
- Strong Graphic design background with experience creating art for print production.
- Designs and develops visual equipment, fixtures, trend shops, private label shops, and merchandising initiatives in partnership with Design Director and various internal partners.
- Creates detailed store directives to communicate seasonal initiatives, brand events, brand guidelines, and visual trend direction.
- Actively participates and supports renovations and new store openings inclusive of design, development, sourcing, and installation.
- Contributes to the development of visual collateral for visual merchandise concepts including monthly initiatives and seasonal campaigns.
- Owns regular updating of visual merchandising standards for areas of responsibility.
- Participates and owns the communication for the monthly fashion direction to the stores.
- Partners with Design leadership on new store openings, renovations, prototypes and workshops for new concepts on a seasonal basis.
- Responsible for material/collateral, sourcing, quoting/bidding, and purchase orders.
- Actively participates alongside store teams with installing seasonal campaigns and prototypes.
- Develops story boards and presents concepts/direction to leadership and store teams.
- Is agile.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelors 's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment and building meaningful relationships.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
- Problem solving skills with ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Other Skills:
- Fluency and experienced in utilizing/directing the following: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Sketchup
- Ability to drive projects with cross-functional teams and align multiple priorities with different teams at a fast pace
- Work Hours:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Some travel required
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse. May be a need to move or lift items under 20 pounds.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert