Atelier design Intern
Atelier - Design Internship
GAUGE81 is a young fast-growing fashion start-up based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Through the use of striking angles and playful proportions, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH eighty-one) blurs the line between evening and casual wear. Indisputably feminine, the brand is a study in contrast and retro references that are at once familiar and completely unexpected.
Our activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections as well as marketing and PR. Our clients include Net a Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Moda Operandi and Brown’s Fashion.
As an atelier-design intern you will be assisting our current design team with the following tasks:
- Draping, Sewing, Pattern making Partial responsibility for the order of the studio Generally supporting the design team with relevant tasks
Apart from the above skills, basic tool knowledge would be required in:
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Apple Keynote Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel) Not required, but nice extras: digital 3D programs and/or pattern making programs
- You are enthusiastic about design and atelier work You have a passionate spirit for fashion and craftsmanship You are detail oriented and have a sharp eye for silhouette, colour and concept development You are enthusiastic and can handle sewing, pattern making and draping tasks very well. You are a strong team player with a sense of curiosity and artistic sensibility
What we offer:
- Together with your teammates, you will oversee the complete development of designs, from sketch to final sample. You will work very closely with the creator and designer of GAUGE81 You will sharpen your knowledge and skills in draping, pattern making and sewing. You will be working in an inspiring and always active atmosphere. You’ll be part of a young and diverse team. A lovely office in central Amsterdam and everything the city has to offer A monthly internship fee
Start date: September 2022
Are you interested in a fun and educational internship?
Please send your English motivation letter and CV via the button below.