Our vision is to establish HUGO BOSS as the leading premium tech-driven fashion platform worldwide and to be one of the top 100 global brands. At HUGO BOSS, we work as a team to apply our knowledge, skills and experience together and create a diversity of ideas and solutions. What unites us? We love fashion, we change fashion!
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 14.000 employees worldwide and shape your future/drive your future/drive your growth, at HUGO BOSS!
The Junior Accountant
will support the HUGO BOSS entities in the retail space in US and Canada by performing day-to-day sales audit functions and accounting related activities. Additionally, assistance with month end close, financial audits (e.g. year-end audits) or landlord sales audits are part of the position.
The Junior Accountant
will work closely with other Finance teams (General Accounting and Tax department), Retail Operations, Retail IT and the Retail Stores. The position is based in New York City, New York.
All candidates should be aware that HUGO BOSS
currently maintains a policy, requiring all employees to be fully COVID vaccinated (which includes a booster shot). Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated by their start date. HUGO BOSS
is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state and local law. In addition, HUGO BOSS
will provide additional accommodations consistent with the requirements of NY state vaccination law.What you can expect:
- Perform retail accounting and general ledger duties including reconciling assigned accounts on a monthly basis and creating journal entries to record, reclassify, or correct items. Hereunder responsibility for prepaid expenses amortization.
- Partner with retail stores and IT to correct transactions in reject status within SAP Sales Audit on a daily basis
- Partner with retail stores, Loss Prevention, and IT to investigate POS register cash variances (over/shorts) and process corrected transactions where applicable
- Reconcile cash deposits as reported through store POS to actual bank deposits
- Manage automatic balancing of credit card receivables as reported by store POS through SAP Sales Audit to settlement acknowledgment from payment processors. Follow up with stores, IT, and/or payment processors on any discrepancies. Hereunder also manual balancing of credit card receivables in transition phase.
- Respond to chargeback and retrieval requests made by merchant banks and other credit cards
- Prepare work papers to support accounting entries accordingly
- Act as business partner and enhance cooperation with other departments
- Contribute to ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close based on internal as well headquarter (HQ) deadlines
- Support Finance related audits (e.g. annual year-end audit)
- Assist with System development and implementation projects
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing processes or procedures to improve control, measurement, and/or productivity
- Primary point of contact for retail stores to resolve cash over/short, credit card disputes, and sales rejects
- Performs other duties as required.
Your benefits:HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of professional accounting/finance experience required
- First experience within the knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Knowledge of SAP (R/3) a plus, as well as, Xstore
- Industry (Retail/WHS/eCommerce) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (particularly excel)
- Detail oriented and enthusiastic
- Strong verbal and communication skills as well as project management skills
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Hybrid Working Model
- Flexible Commuting
- Flexible Fridays & Summer Fridays
- 21 paid days off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- 401(K) with company match
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (Pre-tax)
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
- Gym membership discount
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.