- Ralph Lauren
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 27 Jan 2023
- Merchandising & Planning
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Responsible for developing and presenting annual merchandise financial plans and seasonal Open to Buy; forecasting business based on changes in strategies or business climate and managing inventory to support updated forecasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist bottoms-up sales and receipt plan by door that will validate and tie back to target budget/LRP by region, and total APAC
* Assist receipt flow targets by label for buying, and recommend in-season adjustments in delivery plans based on business trends.
* Participate in Monthly Forecast Reviews.
* Participate in all preseason merchandising meetings and workshops in NY to understand merchandise direction, fashion flow and rig selection. (as applicable)
* Determine target class penetration mix, initial season projections, and influence the development the Scorecard based on style selling analysis and market knowledge
* Maintain door profiles and volume cluster rankings which incorporate climate needs by region.
* Assist / Develop a seasonal blank line plan that takes into account target class mix, receipt flow, fashion %.
* Participate in Adoption and Line openings when applicable to review content of the Line against planned SKU/unit requirements and convey all product needs.
* Apply regional product rankings to Line Plan, balance assortments and make any callouts.
* Develop awareness of major competitors and analyze effectiveness of assortments.
* Convey to Buying team all relevant learning to help refine assortments.
* Review key business reports to measure assortment planning effectiveness (ST analysis, sales to stock, concept selling, etc)
* Develop/maintain consistent format for and deliver sales trend reports
* Review key business reports to measure assortment planning effectiveness and as basis for future season planning
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Degree holder in Textile, Merchandising, Retail or related discipline
* Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and merchandise planning system
* 3 to 5 years planning / allocation related experience.
* Experience in fashion apparel industry preferred
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong communication and presentations skills on financial information and business strategies
* Strong leadership and negotiation skills
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert