Role: Ecommerce Manager
Reporting To: Head of Ecommerce
Based In: Head Office
Working Pattern: Mon-Fri (Hours, Days may change during peak)
The Role: The Ecommerce Trading Manager is responsible for the day to day trading of the House of Hackney website and the commercial marketing decisions of the brand. This role will protect the commercial KPIs of the website and drive global growth using analysis based decisions through marketing, merchandising and content.
Direct reports: Ecommerce Assistant
- Report and monitor sales, key metrics and trends in weekly reporting and trade meetings
- Work closely with the Head of Ecommerce to define and execute the long-term trading strategy and KPIs to help drive growth
- Analyse user behaviour through key metrics aided by our analytics and CRM tools.
- Support on short- and long-term forecasting for the ecommerce channel and budgets that support acquisition and marketing initiatives
- Report on key category and product sales analysis and trends and execute through merchandising on the website using CMS system.
- Work with the production team on stock efficiency, monitoring availability for the website and making sure the dates pulling through to the site are accurate. Make sure new product and seasonal launches are delivered on time.
- Monitor traffic to the website and identify constant improvements to front end to maximise on site conversion
- Drive the content planning for the website, own the ecommerce trading comms calendar and liaise with the full team to make sure content briefs are set and deadlines are met.
- Own the content execution on the platform, using our CMS system and plugin tools to plan and execute the content, with support from the Ecommerce assistant.
- Work with the content team to optimise and execute the website end to end journey, delivering the right type of content for the consumer through weekly homepage updates, SEO friendly landing pages and targeted newsletters using segmentation to deliver relevant content.
- Support the Head of Ecommerce on the development roadmap and UX testing to constantly improve the website and develop and deploy the tools needed to support the websites growth.
- Work with the team and external agencies on the overall digital marketing strategy and execute all non-paid and paid marketing initiatives through SEO, Social and Google advertising.
- Manage the Ecommerce Assistant on daily tasks and projects, maximising their output.
Ideally you will have*:
- Extensive Ecommerce experience, preferably in a luxury retail brand.
- Experience of managing all online marketing channel across devices – SEO, PPC, email, social advertising etc.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting insights and drawing conclusions to inform business decision making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong business judgment and decisions making skills; ability to identify, prioritise and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Good knowledge of SEO and implementing it into ecommerce content
- Good understanding of how to manage and implement ecommerce content
- Competent in the use of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, HotJar, CRO tools etc.
- Great knowledge of using a CMS system (experience with Magento is desirable)
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday.
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off from April until the end of August
- We are currently trialing reduced winter hours, we finish at 4pm every day
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme.
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items.
Our House is a home for everyone. We stand for diversity, equity and inclusion. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which every person can grow, be heard and feel like they belong.
We believe in and strive for a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace where we care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture, and we are committed to continually learning and evolving, to ensure that our House remains a safe and fair space for all who come through its doors.
*Sorry, we are not able to offer visa sponsorship or remote working.