Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
We are seeking a Team Assistant to join our Denim Development & Production Department. The position is based in our Los Angeles Corporate office and reports to our Senior Denim Production and Product Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have administrative assistant experience and interest in apparel product development & production.
Support and assist in day-to-day operations of Product Development & Production teams for denim, as follows:
- Assist in the purchasing of fabrics and trims each season – help create the buy chart in excel, issue purchase orders, track shipments and payments.
- Responsible for coordinating and sending parcels to NY office and vendors, as well as checking in samples, mock-ups and approvals when boxes are received.
- Work with team members to update sample WIP chart and track progress of each style
- Maintain swatch and sample library, organizing and archiving garments each season for future design reference or distribution to sample sale
- Collect and organize raw data for seasonal bulk trim purchases
- Assist in booking team members’ business travels and manage expense reports
- Manage the invoice submissions and payment tracking with NY office
- Assist with Quality Control and Assurance
- Assist in data entry tasks (Excel, PLM/ERP system)
- Responsible to manage the office’s needs – order/stock office suppliers, coordinate with building manager when issues arise, schedule vendor maintenance appointments
- Proficiency in excel and outlook is required.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (both written and oral), as well as attention to detail
- Strong observation skills – identifying and assessing team’s need and work proactively
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Self-starter who can work independently with a positive, can-do! attitude
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.