7 days left
- Full Time
SWIM USA is the premiere designer and manufacturer of women's swimwear located in New York, NY. We are 84 years young and seeking a dynamic Technical Designer to join our team. We offer an industry-leading benefit package including generous PTO and health benefits the 1st of the month after 30 days.
Partner with design and patternmaking to create technical packages. Responsible to evaluate and provide clear communication of pattern and sewing construction in various stages of proto and production process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create illustrator technical sketches as required for accounts with construction callouts Create/add/update technical packages accurately; communicating components, fabrics, cutting information, illustrations, measurements, and sewing instructions needed for proto and production
- Attend all fittings and communicate evaluations to factories with proper diagramming
- Partner with design/product manager to facilitate aesthetic/fit and quality of product
- Communicate with factories regarding questions
- Maintain tracking reports and follow up on sample requirements for accounts
- Maintain sample library
- Work with Patternmaker, Designer, Product Managers and Sample Makers
Education: High School or GED equivalent; BS in Fashion Design, Associate Degree.
Experience: A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in Tech Design
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills
- Illustrator/Photoshop experience required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented. Every step-in process is critical to success of brand.
- Ability to follow product development procedures--both industry standards and those unique to this organization.
- Capability to re-prioritize tasks as new requests enter workflow
- Must be able to communicate clearly to manufacturers, vendors and sewers
- Must be able to lead fittings and evaluate fit corrections
- Must have good knowledge of garment construction
Working Conditions: Overtime is necessary during peak periods
- Office, hybrid flexibility Mon thru Fri 8 hrs/day Overtime as needed
- Must be able to stand, sit, and walk 8 hours/day Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
All candidates MUST provide proof of at least 1 (one) COVID vaccination at the time an offer is made, or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is an EOE