Account Manager - VIP
Purple has a unique opportunity for a senior-level publicist to join our global PR agency’s CA office leading luxury fashion/VIP accounts. As a senior leader for the VIP, Influencer services team, this individual must have a proven track record of developing and executing strategic, integrated media/event/influencer campaigns and successfully managing and mentoring junior team members. The ideal candidate will have agency experience with fashion weeks, event activations, and luxury fashion brands. Strong media contacts and relationships are a must.
The Account Manager will work closely with the VIP & Fashion team based in NY & LA. S/He will be the supporting on accounts and projects, serving as a trusted strategist and expert voice for clients. This individual will serve as a mentor, manager, and lead example for all account teams on client management, results, staff development, and strategic guidance.
- Proactively builds and implements strategy for clients
- Evaluate and understand client business objectives and craft strategies that reflect those business objectives.
- Pull and collaborate with different divisions across the agency and office to ensure the client is getting access to the agency's network-wide expertise
- Manage client benchmarks and deliver strong media coverage through leadership and guidance
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications content
- Manage and motivate other members of the team to ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered, while supporting them in their growth to the next level.
- Collaborate with division heads and project teams as necessary to seamlessly integrate cultural programming into project strategy and schedule and ensure successful execution of press and social media campaigns, special events, collaborations, and/or other deliverables
Skills and qualities required:
- 3-5 years of fashion/VIP public relations experience at a PR agency
- Knowledge of key stylists, publicists, managers, and influencer contacts
- Proven track record of dressing celebrities, a database of top stylists, influencers, and socials.
- Ability to be very nimble and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Integrated communications campaign conception beyond traditional media
- Articulates ideas succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Superior high-level media contacts across broadcast, print, and online media
- A “proactive” attitude and team mentality and experience leading a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and outside the box