Zimmermann has a unique career opportunity for an experienced Planner to join our Buying & Planning Team. With a focus on our EU region, you will manage the open to buy and inventory flow within the business to meet agreed targets.
This position is based in our Head Office in Sydney, Australia.
As a Planner, your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and manage the open to buy at Collection and Regional level.
- Develop allocation plans by product line based on inventory and store needs.
- Forecast and update plans based on sales trends.
- Review sales, stock, and sell through in season to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
- Working with key teams to prioritize orders through receiving, production and shipping when necessary to protect sales trends and inventory levels in stores.
- Acts on slow moving lines to ensure business exposure to underperforming inventory is mitigated.
- Conducts in-depth End of Season analysis and provides insights into region and category trading performance.
- Performs regular SWOT analysis in conjunction with Buying and Planning team to identify key areas of opportunity.
- Manage the markdown process
- Oversee daily stock management of allocations, consolidations, markdowns and replenishment.
- Coordinate new store stock builds to meet opening requirements and communicate relevant information to all stakeholders.
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or several years’ of working experience in the Retail industry in a similar role.
- Advanced analytical skill set and thought process.
- Experience meeting targets and working to tight deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Retail Math, and a high attention to detail are required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Flexible and agile, able to quickly and effectively change priorities and direction based on business needs.
- A team player that is effective in collaborating with key stakeholders to achieve team objectives
This role is a great opportunity for an individual who strives for excellence and is passionate about contributing to Zimmermann’s growing global success. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why work with us?
- Flexible work options
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Generous Employee Discount
- Ongoing training and development, with the opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including potential international opportunities
- Work with high-end fashion and alongside fellow passionate and dedicated Zimmermann team members
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.