Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
At Coach, we believe better-made things can help create a better-made future-and this starts with how we design, craft and develop our products. Though we've always prided ourselves on creating high quality product crafted to last, we know we must go further and build a more circular future for fashion. With this responsibility in mind, we are launching a new initiative focused on circularity with an innovative business model thatreimagines product "end of life" and Coach's impact on the environment.
TheSenior Designer, Sustainability will work with the Director and VPto bring this initiative to life for our customers-supporting bold sustainability and circularity goals that reflect the creative vision and Coach aesthetic. This individual will be a key member of a dynamic, empowered team driving agile ways of working across functions to fuel innovation and speed to market. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
- Research and develop seasonal sustainable inspiration boards to convey the creative vision and inspire the team. Continuously bring new ideas and innovative concepts that enhance the collection while realizing Coach circular product principles
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Partner with creative team to develop and refine seasonal concept, materials, hardware, and color palette for handbags, small leathergoods and accessories.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all Design Cards are completed accurately and delivered to Product Development on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization. Ensure staff completes projects on timeline.
- Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering and commercialization.
- Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development on regular basis. Participate in meetings with cross-functional category partners.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 7-10 years of experience designing leather handbags and/or small leather goods required
- Degree in Design or related work experience
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of development from concept through engineering, required
- Understanding of materials, hardware, leather, and handbag construction required
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong self-starter who excels in fast-paced, start-up type environments; able to handle multiple priorities
- Passionate about sustainability
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at #LI-MS1 www.coach.com.