VP of Merchandising & Planning
Based in Montreal, the VP of Merchandising & Planning is responsible for aiding in the development and execution of Bugatchi’s merchandising and planning strategy and this includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Execute and review buying strategy to properly match orders with suggested Open to Buy (OTB).
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category level to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
- Review historical data and marketplace trends, collecting quality feedback from wholesale accounts as well as brand website and (future) retail locations (including customers' requests).
- Develop a regional OTB strategy by category considering sales forecast and market requests.
- Contributing to collection plan definition by giving feedback on functions, materials and styles.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of all sales channels as well as identify and execute development and growth opportunities.
- Work with design team to develop a seasonal plan ensuring all product needs are accounted for during the design process.
- Analyze wholesale accounts and identify the optimal product assortment for each account.
- Aid in the development of improved in-store merchandising, especially for possible in-store BUGATCHI shops.
- Analyze the business of each regional sales representative and implement strategies to better align the product assortment across each region.
- Partner with other department leaders to identify specific business actions dedicated to certain customer clusters to drive products (depending on seasonal needs).
- Manage yearly P&L for the merchandising department. Be responsible for the successful development, communication and execution and key focus of merchandising goals and product categories.
- Set the organization’s buying vision and its execution to meet and exceed financial goals.
- Responsible for the development and execution of seasonal strategic assortments and OTB plans in accordance with overall business strategies and financial plans.
- Utilize market expertise to optimize product assortments and buy quantities by addressing local market needs and product segmentation on a door-by-door basis.
- Develop deep market knowledge through feedback from stores, CRM data, consumer profiles and consumer feedback.
- Analyze selling trends and react by initiating reorders and managing strategic inventory transfers.
- Travel to key markets, as needed, to ensure business needs are identified and addressed.
- Ensure consistent inventory management by forecasting sales and ensuring proper inventory levels to achieve sales plans and sell through targets.
- Identify improvements and address store training and productivity opportunities in partnership with sales & visual merchandising teams.
- Manage yearly calendar to communicate and align key activities for product category merchandising, store planning, events, CRM initiatives, and other activities as needed.
- Lead and develop the merchandising team and identify high-potential talents within the organization.
- All other responsibilities as required for the fulfillment of this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education. 8+ years’ combined merchandising and planning experience, preferably with a luxury fashion brand. Strong understanding of BUGATCHI brand and the competitive landscape. Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment. Highly organized and a self-starter. Collaborative, creative and adaptive work style. Excellent project management skills. Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Due to the receipt of a significant number of applications, only selected candidates will be promptly contacted to proceed with our interview process and, therefore, we will be unable to respond to email, fax and telephone inquiries regarding your application status. Thank you for your submission and interest in employment at BUGATCHI.