Production Placement Internship
We are looking for a student currently in their placement year or term, who would be excited to join our Production team. Your main role would be to assist the Production Manager and the Technical Manager on a daily basis, ensuring the smooth running and efficiency of the department. Due to your close involvement and exposure to clothing, a basic understanding of raw materials and garment construction is desirable.
- Assisting the Production Manager with building PPS raw material dockets
- Assisting with fabric & trim stock take as and when required
- Carry out general up-keep of the Production Department workspaces
- Organise and label garments appropriately before arranging for them to be sent to the warehouse archive
- Assistance with booking shipments and couriers, including packing
- Taking notes during the evaluation of PP Samples when required
- Measuring samples, PPS and QC units when required
- Steaming garments in preparation for fittings
- Maintaining and updating trackers in line with send-outs
- Preparation and distribution of bulk fabrics and trims for factories
- Sample management – liaising with the Press and Sales teams as well as Suppliers to log and manage sample loans.
- Creating fabric swatch books for factories
- Managing inventory of stock fabric and trims
- Provide product information to Sales team based on Customer requirements.
- Other daily Ad-Hoc tasks
- Gain a basic understanding of popular fashion management software - Zedonk.
- Gain an understanding of the different stages of the garment production process, from initial sample to the quality control of the finished production.
- Learn how the garment develops through the different processes and how important the communication and accurate flow of information is from one department to another.
- Learn to QC and measure garments according to brand standards.
- Become familiar with garment construction and terminology.
- Become familiar with different fabrics and trims.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Currently enrolled at university completing a degree in Fashion Development, Management / Business, Technical, Media or others relevant to the above job description. The candidate must be in their placement year or term to be eligible for this position.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Basic understanding of garment construction and finishing
- Willingness to learn